Thread: Hello - new here

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Post Hello - new here

I'm interested in planet and climate simulation and then the maps that can come out of speaking about the environment. Here's something that I've been whittling on for a while.

Home exists in a planetary system with one inferior planet, one rocky superior planet and a gas giant in the outer system. I ran an n-body simulation for a simulated 20000 years, during which Silvernight (the inferior planet) had a long, slow gravitational interaction with Home (this world) starting about 4000 and ending about 6000 years ago, though the real stabilization of orbits did take 20,000 years. Home's eccentricity was boosted from 0.01 to about 0.15. Perihelion is very close to northern hemisphere summer and occurs at about 0.98 AU, Aphelion is at about 1.14 AU. Northern hemisphere is cooler than earth at similar latitudes in summer and quite cold in winter, Southern Hemisphere is less hospitable than that. The year is just over 403 days long. Due to eccentricity the seasons are of considerably different length.

This video sample represents a day in northern hemisphere spring, about halfway between the spring equinox and summer solstice. Axial tilt is somewhat higher than Earths (27º now, started at 31º prior to the gravitational interaction).

Anyway, hello everyone:

Very nice clip. The simulation of the planet interactions is something I'd love to do, but I already have to many hobbies. Welcome to the Guild