Thread: The Continent of Alaam (Version 4) - WIP

Guild Apprentice

Wip The Continent of Alaam (Version 4) - WIP

So I've finally had a chance to get a bit of mapping done again! It's so nice to have time to do things for fun instead of working all the time.

What I am currently working on I a major revision to the world map for my RPG. This continent is called Alaam. I will update the image as I make progress on this map.

So far I've drawn the coastlines, making corrections to the coastline so I can fit in some new bits I've added and made of small changes to make the existing story elements I've already developed more geographically sound.

Any feedback or commentary is welcome and appreciated.

Next step will be to add in Mountains and Rivers.

Alaam Mountains.jpg
    Last edited by Pilias; 10-24-2016 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Updated File

Guild Apprentice

Update: I was intending on adding in the mountains yesterday using a new style but I decided to practice on some spare paper before I tried it here. Have spending the evening doing practice ranges I feel more confident using the new style so I will work on the mountains today or tomorrow, time permitting.

Guild Apprentice

Updated. I'm not entirely satisfied with the look of the mountains, but I think I did OK considering it was my first attempt at this style, and my first time really trying to add shading to my map elements. My wife says it looks fine but I am much more critical of my work than she is.

Next up are forests, plains, deserts, and swamps and I'll probably add in the cities as well.