View Poll Results: Lite Challenge, Opposing Seasons, Vote for as many as you want.

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seasons at the Lake by elboe

2 5.41%
  • Roseblossom Temple by Jens Haumann

9 24.32%
  • Rekhan's Workshop by jshoer

25 67.57%
  • The Stones of Melenor by Mimine

26 70.27%
  • Castle Presyow by QED42

1 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July / Aug '18 Lite Challenge: Opposing Seasons TIME TO VOTE

Default July / Aug '18 Lite Challenge: Opposing Seasons TIME TO VOTE

July / Aug '18 Lite Challenge: Opposing Seasons TIME TO VOTE

This month's Challenge wass to create a map in 2 versions. You could map anything you want, a river scene, a farm, a castle, a mountain valley, a coastal island, a town, a country, anything, it is your choice as long as you make 2 versions in opposite seasons, Winter and Summer, or Spring and Fall. I guess the prime restriction is that what ever you map has to have seasons. A dwarven mine looks pretty much the same in spring and fall so not a good choice.
    I have done a couple maps this way and I thought it was a lot of fun.

We have 5 great entries for you to vote on.
    We would have had 6 but Greason Wolfe had some real life issues that prevented him from completing his map and he asked to be removed from the voting. He was off to a great start and I hope he can finish the map at a later date.

Check out the Thumbnails of all these entries, but don't forget to click on each one so you can see them at full size.

CLICK HERE for Challenge Thumbnails & Large maps

Be Sure to Check The Full Size Maps, don't just look at the thumbnails.

We have 5 entries and you can vote for as many or as few as you like.
    With such great maps voting is going to be very hard once again. Fantastic work everyone.

The voting will last for 3 days and the winner will receive a shiny silver compass, and our undying adoration!

Regardless of who you vote for, please don't forget to REP everyone you feel deserves it.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Lovely work! I spread too much rep yesterday but will hopefully remember to get back and rep everyone here.

This month was witness to yet another of my almost, nearly, just about finished maps for which I never even began a thread. While I am deeply irritated at myself for lousy time management, I am just as deeply impressed with each of you who participated this month. Bravo! Rep for each of you!

I was particularly impressed with the map submitted by jshoer who not only managed to get a map started and a thread posted, but it looks to me that his map is completely done! To make matters even more impressive, it's a wonderful design that IMHO seems to capture exactly what Mr. Bogues asked for with this challenge. Congratulations, my fellow CGer, you got my vote!

Thanks very much! This challenge, plus some time i knew I'd spend on and waiting for airplanes, was a good excuse to try out some ideas that had been kicking around in my head. I'm glad you liked it!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

I am a little disappointed that I only had one week to draw my entry, since I had a commission to finish first, but I am very happy I could enter this challenge and receive so many wonderful comments on my map! I know it may not look as finished as others, but I am still very proud of it! Looking forward to next month's challenge!
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

So I just got home and, of course, have to go in to work first thing in the morning, but plan to take a bit of time and a good look at everyone's entries so I can vote and Rep appropriately. And yes, it is my intent to try to get back to work on my entry as soon as thing settle back into the usual routine.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

And The Winner is... Mimine! Congratulations!

Jshoer well done, so close! Everyone else, thanks so much for having fun with us!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

Thank you so much!!! Congratulations to all the others, you maps were beautiful <3
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

Congrats to Mimine, beautiful map. Maybe next time Jshoer, yours was a worthy runner up. And the other maps were great as well, better luck next time. Thanks to everyone for the nice comments about my entry, and Bogie for your effort putting these together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast