Thread: ANteluvia -- Commission

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Map ANteluvia -- Commission

I've finished Anteluvia, a private commission ordered as a surprise by the GM for his tabletop group of several years. It's deliberately without most labels so that the world can be explored together (I suppose naming the cities was a compromise to at least have some orientation). Loved doing this, as I'm always happy to do lineart maps. The original is an A2 format.

Anteluvia (B&W World Map, A2) Upload.jpg

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Nice!

Looks like you solved most of the weight issue on the left of the map! Well done! Good line art too. (It is a bit strange how much darker the line art is to the north though. But that is a smaller nitpick)

All in all, good job. And congrats on the commission.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Excellent map in your efficient style! I must confess that the line art is also what I usually prefer to do.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Nice!

Looks like you solved most of the weight issue on the left of the map! Well done! Good line art too. (It is a bit strange how much darker the line art is to the north though. But that is a smaller nitpick)

All in all, good job. And congrats on the commission.
    My first guess would be it's because of the stronger emphasis the style of the coniferous forests requires: it's both the lineart outline of the trees plus horizontal hatching, so it's more on the nose, so to speak, than the southern jungles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Excellent map in your efficient style! I must confess that the line art is also what I usually prefer to do.
    Doing the lineart always has something very 'back to the roots' to it. And since I'm currently in the process of converting a former B&W map to a color version I've once again come to realize how much more straightforward 'just' doing the lineart is.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Nice job, the map is very well detailed

Nice piece!

Default Something just like this

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    I've finished Anteluvia, a private commission ordered as a surprise by the GM for his tabletop group of several years. It's deliberately without most labels so that the world can be explored together (I suppose naming the cities was a compromise to at least have some orientation). Loved doing this, as I'm always happy to do lineart maps. The original is an A2 format.

Anteluvia (B&W World Map, A2) Upload.jpg
    The map for my novel has to look something just like this!