Thread: Curved grid for atlas map?

Default Curved grid for atlas map?

Trying to make a good longitude / latitude grid that makes my map look something like a page in an atlas, I've seen a few here do it before.

However, I don't know how to hand make anything besides a regular square grid. Creating a sphere in Blender and texturing it to do it that way seems like way too much effort for little reward, and the closest thing I can find to the grid I need on Google is large pictures of wireframed spheres, but none are large enough for my map.

So how do I make a curved grid?

You could use G.Projector for that. You can download it for free and take any equirectangular map, and project it in pretty much any projection you want (your projection determines your grid). You can also work without a map so you just get the grid for that projection. If you find something you like you can import the grid into you I to the program you're using to make your map. I hope this makes any sense to you. If you have questions, feel free to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    You could use G.Projector for that. You can download it for free and take any equirectangular map, and project it in pretty much any projection you want (your projection determines your grid). You can also work without a map so you just get the grid for that projection. If you find something you like you can import the grid into you I to the program you're using to make your map. I hope this makes any sense to you. If you have questions, feel free to ask!
    Thanks you!!