Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Atlas Awards VOTING and discussion!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default 2018 Atlas Awards VOTING and discussion!

Well, it's that time, time to vote for your favorite maps of 2017, all nominated by YOU.

The Guild's normal voting system is a pretty unwieldy beast to set up, something that took me literally hours last year, with all the threads, polls, links, and whatnot. This year, we're trying something different: we're using a Google Form to gather the votes, and it's right here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...RiK7A/viewform

On the first page, enter your Guild user name and email. If we don't recognize your name, your vote may not be counted. The email address is to confirm that it's you. After that's done, click 'Next', and you can begin voting. Each category has its own page on the form. Just click the checkbox next to the map you want to vote for, then click next at the bottom of the page. If you don’t want to vote in a category, you can skip it completely. If you change your mind about a category, click 'Back' and choose something else.

On the final page, click ‘Submit’ to send in your votes. It’s important you click ‘Submit’ on the final page. If you don’t, we won't receive any of your votes. Once you DO hit Submit, that's it - your votes are final.

You can have your votes emailed to you, if you choose, via the slider button on the last page.

A note: voting is anonymous this time around to add some spice, but you're not beholden to keep quiet about who you voted for and why. This is about having fun and honoring your fellow Guildies, so feel free to discuss.

Voting will close in ONE WEEK - AROUND THIS TIME NEXT SUNDAY NIGHT. This extended voting period is to make sure everyone gets a chance to vote. Results will likely be announced the following Monday or Tuesday evening.

That's it - vote away!

A word of praise: none of this would have been possible without ChickPea, whose idea it was to use Google Forms in the first place, and who set up the whole voting page. Huzzah for ChickPea!
    Last edited by Diamond; 03-03-2018 at 11:41 PM.

Duty performed ! Huzzah and thanks to both of you

Thank you both for your hard work !

A question. Is it allowed to vote for our own maps? I always feel it's really strange thing to do. Obviously everyone would like to be the winner, but does it really give people satisfaction to win by one vote (and its their own). This things happen here.

I know this was disscused many times for the challanges. So i don't want to start this dispute again. Just want to know are we allowed to vote for own maps or not.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Of course it's allowed. But many people consider it ungentlemanly and bad form, at least for themselves. Second, I don't know about others, but if I won a competition by one vote for myself I'd feel like I didn't really win, it'd be like if your mom was on the judging panel.

I think the quality of the competition means that winning by one vote is fairly accepted, since if you loose by that one vote it's not like you lost to something unworthy. Also much of these votes, indeed the vast majority of consideration, comes down to personal subjective criteria.

Thank you so much for all the very hard work you have put into this award system Diamond

Thanks also to others who remain unseen behind the scene (ChickPea et al)
    Last edited by Mouse; 03-04-2018 at 05:05 AM.

That was a hard round of voting. Every single one of the maps nominated was really great. Thanks for putting this together Chickpea and Diamond. It's great even if just to see a bunch of great maps that a person may have missed.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Thank you for the hard work!

Wow, that took me quite some time to make up my mind. So many excellent maps to chose between. Really, all of them are deserving of recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Of course it's allowed. But many people consider it ungentlemanly and bad form, at least for themselves. Second, I don't know about others, but if I won a competition by one vote for myself I'd feel like I didn't really win, it'd be like if your mom was on the judging panel.

I think the quality of the competition means that winning by one vote is fairly accepted, since if you loose by that one vote it's not like you lost to something unworthy. Also much of these votes, indeed the vast majority of consideration, comes down to personal subjective criteria.
    Yeap i agree with you completaly.

Jeez that was a tough one. It was nearly impossible to decide in some cases.... so many great maps
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Now that was extremely convenient and simple to vote, so thank you guys.

Map-wise it was a lot harder to vote Although i thought it was a bit easier this year than last year (at least for me). Lots of good maps from all you guys again. So congrats to all of you (even if only one per category can get the Atlas)!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Oh my. This was a ten minutes of incredibly hard choices. I love alll thos maps..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast