Thread: Region maps for an upcoming Fantasy RPG (PC/Console).

Map Region maps for an upcoming Fantasy RPG (PC/Console).

I'm looking for someone that wants to draw our region maps and other more local maps for our new game, it's a top down open fantasy rpg with a rich world with a lot of exploration and such. The game takes inspiration from games like Sacred 1, Might and Magic, Zelda 3, Nox, Diablo and Ultima.

The maps will most be outside areas with regular features like rivers, hills, mountains, woods, sea, castles, villages, stray houses, farmland and such. Landscape types are what I call them "grassland" "highland" "roughland" "tropicalland" "marshland" "snowland" "desertland". Some of these types will not be so common since the game mostly centers around a grassland theme.

The map creator will have little room for creativity when it comes to features, it's because the land is mostly already made and the maps needs to be drawn to match, it doesn't need to be exact, but close enough.

Maps should be deawn in sepia like colors and will be displayed in quiet small resolution, (max 400*300px) and the maps can be in different "zoom" levels. Becuase of this, it's important that the artists is skilled enough to use the features of the land in both larger and smaller scale (with out lose quality) and is comfortable in working with pixel art-ish styles, but I don't want pixel art "features" neccessarily.

I have noted that a lot of people use special programs to make maps, that's all fine (makes it faster and easier to change), but it's important that we don't have "generic generated fantasy" maps that is just a google search away, I'm open for more personalized touches.

Things to think about when you apply for this job and please read them before applying:

*Need to be able to deliver maps even if the job stretches out for a while and there will be gaps where you don't have anything to do (this is because of development of the world is a bit dynamic with some featrues like treasuers and other maps).
    *Don't apply if you want to "change" the world features even if they seems unrealistic (rivers flow from no where and up, desert appear in the middle of an tropical forest etc), that will just not happen.
    *Provide previous work and if possible references from other jobs, but that's not a requirement but will help out.
    *Don't apply if this will be your second or third map.
    *Everyone will have to make a test, this is payed. I will provide information about this when we agree about it.
    *If you come from within the EU, you NEED to have a valid EUVAT-number for billing if you don't, don't apply.
    *Payment is only via paypal, nothing else.
    *You will be required to sign an NDA.
    *All source files made specifilly for this project will have to be delivered too for future safing (psds, icons, worldfiles).

If I think about anything else, I will add that. I'm aware that I can't respond or even view(?) PMs before make some other random posts, but perhaps a moderator can make an exception, I can verify who we are and all.

Guild Journeyer

Hi, my name is Endi and would love to join your project! You can check out my work at:

IG: https://www.instagram.com/strigun.art/

FB: https://m.facebook.com/Strigunart/?t...&source=result

If you're interested you can contact me via email: endi.oblak93@gmail.com

Hello,

My name is Valeriya, I'm a watercolor mapmaker and pixel artist. I'm very curious about your project and would love to discuss it more in detail.

I'm available for a long-term project, cool with Paypal, happy to work with the world as close to original as possible, love Sacred and Diablo, have a very good knowledge of pixel art specifics and am able to apply that to different scale mapmaking.

Please take a look at my fantasy RPG maps
    And my pixel art work

If you like my style, contact me here, through my socials or email valeriyazhukova =AT= hotmail =DOT= com

Kind regards,
    Valeriya

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Hi,
    Your post is very interesting.
    I’m an illustrator and cartographer too so please, check my website and contact me to: alemanno.a@gmail.com
    Www.andreaalemanno.com is my website .

Best

Guild Member

Hello , I am limon. You can see my portfolio here:

https://www.artstation.com/alibarbar

You can contact me through alicaglarbasaran@gmail.com

Hope we can work together.