Thread: Cinzienne - and this time, I'm finishing it!

Default Cinzienne - and this time, I'm finishing it!

Hey all, returning to an old project here. I began Cinzienne as a pet project with my old devices, but have since upgraded to a new computer and a design tablet. I'm going back to correct some mistakes and improve the general quality of the map. So, I essentially started over, using the old map as a tracing template. So here they are, the extent of the previous version, and a lot of basic outlining of the new one.

Cinzienne 7.jpg

New Cinzienne WIP1.jpg

The B&W layout is quite impressive. Looking forward to see more!

Update the second: with forest outlines, surrounding roads, a couple structure and landscape edits, and the roof structures laid on.

New Cinzienne WIP2.jpg

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That looks great. Really like the layout. I admire you city creators! I don't quite have the patience to pull one off.

Patience is my middle name. But seriously, this is a labor-of-love type project. It's also my first city, so I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I just hope it turns out good.

By GreatWhiteNorth
    Patience is my middle name. But seriously, this is a labor-of-love type project. It's also my first city, so I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I just hope it turns out good.
    It's always a long-time project to do a city map. You're just doing fine, it's great, better and better. Don't be afraid to try a lot of things, it's always better in the end, plus you learned a lot .

I love the style of these buildings. One of the things I love about maps (and I'm sure I'm not alone here) is that there's a Where's Waldo aspect to them. There's always something to find because real cities are made by hundreds or thousands of people. You're pulling that off well. I'm excited to see this progress! I especially like the cliffs and crags.