Thread: Kamagra - Capital of the City States of Ilaaren

Guild Apprentice

Wip Kamagra - Capital of the City States of Ilaaren

Hello people. I've been skulking and drinking in your collective wisdom for quite some time now, so I think it's only fair that I actually take some time to show you some of what I've learned so far. Although, I have found myself severally lacking in your presence.

So, this is what I've been working on. A city of some proportion (and a long way to go still) for a future rpg campaign I'm working on, using some techniques I learned from here (mostly Lerb's Town and Village Tutorial for this one), and now I find myself not knowing if I should proceed with this kind of layout or a more "detailed" one, considering the time having to be spent on it. The city is supposed to be somewhat Greek/Roman related but is set in a high-fantasy world, with the centerpiece being inspired by the acropolis in Athens - although, the scale might be well off!

I feel I'm mostly struggling with getting the hill in the center to stand out like .. well, an acropolis. Also, while I do have some ideas as to districting (Merchant, Craftsmen, Temple etc), it never hurts with some feedback, hints or ideas .In fact, they would be most welcome. Especially since I know one of my greatest weaknesses are putting down a layout first, instead of keeping it in my head.

kamagra-wip.jpg

Be gentle.

Guild Apprentice

Wip

I haven't had that much time to work on it, but gotten a bit further at least. Think the walls/watchtowers will work out decently.

Kamagra.jpg

Guild Apprentice

Been testing out some other colors. I think these work a lot better than the previous ones, although the white feels like it's sticking out too much. I've also done some "roofing".

Attachment 93589

Slow and steady wins the race..