Thread: The Many Regions of Virodyn

Default The Many Regions of Virodyn

Hello! It's been quiiteee a long time since I posted anything, and while I have been working on things it's been rather... slow.
    But that's been accelerating a lot lately now that I can spare the time to focus on other things, and I figured it would be useful to have an overall thread to mark my progress.. and to post them incase I ever lose my files (again). All of these are in the same world, and are primarily for my current campaign, and web novel.

Most of these are unfinished, I'm currently only directly working on one, and then I'll be moving on to the others.
    Apologies for any low quality or artifacts, some of these are very large resolutions, and the limit is 9.54mb.

First is a world map (unfinished, to be finished later. It's not a priority outside of planning)
    Virodynprintout.jpg

The Orthorian Sliver (referring to the slice of the world that its on)
    OrthorenPast.jpg

The Orthorian Sliver (In the past.. sorta)
    Print.png

Untamed Lands (Unfinished, takes place in the Orthorian Sliver, game went on hiatus when we switched to pf2e. Sadly never finished, but will be finished later down the line.)
    HexParchment.jpg

The Town of Yeren (finished. Labelling was on roll20 and then later foundry.. But was never happy with it. Made it quickly, when I return to the untamed lands (this town was mostly destroyed) it will be remade, properly.)
    Village.jpg

The City of Cenmoor (Unfinished, game ended before I could finish it. Will finish on return to the campaign.)
    Cenmoor.jpg

The Cenran Region (Northern region of the Empire, next to be worked on)
    CampaignMap Raid MapForExport.jpg

The City of Valos (WIP, not worth posting a picture, only the coastlines and terrains are done. Is the third project on the itinerary)

The Continent of Wholken, separated from the main world during the shattering. (Currently being worked on)
    CampaignMapPt1 Phase 3 Next.jpg

I'll be posting any updates of these, here. Currently it's my main focus, so hopefully updates will be quick.

Cool work! Looking forward to seeing more updates to this. Out of curiosity is the random lobe of land with a very smooth coastline on the east coast of the world map an unfinished bit, or something with a backstory to it?

An update to the Continent of Wholken. Finished coloring, added shading, moved a few things around, and added glaciers. Will finish shading tomorrow... hopefully. Then I can start the

CampaignMapPt1 Phase 4(2).jpg

@Tiluchi, It is technically unfinished. In that world there is a fog that is... uncreation, basically. Nothing, not even magic can survive or effect it, and the mountains straddle that line, so that blob was just meant for easy masking for the other layers. In the final version it will be completely covered by clouds and fog.

This is going to be really amazing when it's done! The form of the continent is lovely, and the tilt on the landscape is a nice touch.

IR

CampaignMapPt1 Phase 4(3).jpg
    And one more step complete (forests, and some other things and tweaks)
    Now just have to finish drawing and making the features tomorrow.. which I will hopefully be able to get done, and then after that its shading!

@adfor
    Thank you! I'm excited to finally get it done and off of my backlog. And i'm especially proud of the landmass shape, i've been getting slowly better at those over the years.

CampaignMapPt1 Phase 4(4).jpg
    And with this I believe that's all of the linework done, barring civilization, ruins, and such like that. I may or may not add a few more forests or tiny elements, but that's the vast majority of it completed.
    Next step: Shading. Which... should not take as long as the last step, hopefully.

This is coming along splendidly. I’m looking forward to seeing the shading bring it even more to life.

CampaignMapPt1 Phase 4(6).jpg
    And a brief update. Not all the shading is done, but all of the major shading work is done. I still need to add shadows to the area around forests to make them pop up a bit more, and maybe some more highlights... and I'm not satisfied with the mountains, but I'm not sure what else to do with them at the moment.
    Still, overall i'm pleased enough with how the shading turned out.

@turambar
    Thank you! Hopefully the next phase doesn't take me as long as this did
    I had a brief period of getting waaayyy too into Age of Wonders 4 before I got bored of it and continued working on this.

Fixed up the sea a bit more, still not the most happy with it, maybe I should add some more texture like in the older version?
    Regardless, finished up most of the shading, though i'm sure I missed something. Next i'll be working on the borders and Icons, and finishing terrain structures like ruins, farmlands, that sort of thing.

CampaignMapPt1 Phase 5.jpg