Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dec17/Jan18 Lite Mapping Challenge Interstate Hotel at Flinders Island.

Now live on Flinders Island in the Bass Strait between mainland Australia and Tasmania (40deg lat)
    Blog Entries

Post Dec17/Jan18 Lite Mapping Challenge Interstate Hotel at Flinders Island.

I am taking a big step, and entering my first challenge. I will be doing the layout of this Hotel in the main town (pop 300) on Flinders Island where I live. Flinders island was first discovered by white men in 1770 by Captain James Cook, and settled first by sealers in 1798, who eradicated the seal population in 35 years, and kidnapped Tasmanian aboriginals as 'wives'. It now has a population of nearly 900. it is situated in the Bass Strait between Tasmania and the Australian mainland, and I and my wife, Trina, have lived here in retirement since 2011.
    Anyway, here is a fotosketch picture of the hotel, and I hope to map both the first and second floors for you - and it has no underground cellar, secret passage or smugglers' den - drat.
    FotoSketcher - Whitemark - Interstate Hotel (5h).jpg
    "To imagine is to be human; to be human is to imagine. We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams."

Welcome to the challenge qwalker. Looks like this will be a fun project.

Can't wait to see what you do!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Well, this will certainly be interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how you map this one out. Bogie did say you can map out a fantasy version if you want so you could always add a smuggler's den if you wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Well, this will certainly be interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how you map this one out. Bogie did say you can map out a fantasy version if you want so you could always add a smuggler's den if you wanted to.
    An old inn off the coast of Austrailia,,,,chances are it actually had a smuggler's den at some point.

Now live on Flinders Island in the Bass Strait between mainland Australia and Tasmania (40deg lat)
    Blog Entries

Haha, no smugglers in Australia, only bushrangers and escaped convicts! And no den in this Inn - we are RESPECTABLE folk, mate!
    "To imagine is to be human; to be human is to imagine. We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams."

I'm looking forward to this one as well

By the way - I'm very impressed that you can do this in reverse - all the way back through time to last January!

EDIT: and no sooner did I notice that you put 'Jan 16', then Waldronate changed it for you. 5 star service around here, you know
    Last edited by Mouse; 12-29-2017 at 06:54 PM.

I fixed the title (and the other one in the forum area).

Blog Entries

Thanks guys - you know what they say about the Aussies downunder - just a century behind or two!

Blog Entries

Thanks guys - you know what they say about the Aussies downunder - just a century behind or two!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast