Thread: September/October 2024 Challenge: 5hr Map Num 1 (or the Lands Between the Peaks, etc)

Default September/October 2024 Challenge: 5hr Map Num 1 (or the Lands Between the Peaks, etc)

I'm gonna preface this by saying that limited time challenges like this are one of my favorite things ever, so that it will make sense later when I very likely go absolutely crazy with this theme

Okay... this is the first map I started for this challenge, so I'm calling it number one. I don't have any firm idea of lore or names beyond that at the moment except that it focuses on the lands between two tall peaks, so... yeah. I'm more interested in sketching the map at the moment than labels.

This one I'm creating digitally with Rebelle 7pro, using charcoal/pastel brushes on hot press watercolor paper.

This is approximately 3 hours and 15 minutes in...
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Digital Charcoal Map - 3-15hr in.PNG

Looking good so far! I like the texture and the lighting you've achieved.

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt

It's gonna be tough competing with this but I think I'll jump on this challenge, it's been a (too long while). Marvelous start

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

"The Land Between the Peaks" is a wonderfully evocative title. Great map, I look forward to seeing more of them!

Find me on
    DeviantArt

But can Chashio sufficiently develop it with less than two hours on the clock? Sure, it's beautiful as a start, but just how refined can this get with the TICKING CLOCK! You need 20 hours, not 2!

It is gorgeous.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!