Hey everyone! =)
This longhouse is not historical, but clearly inspired by viking cultures. It is for 'The Dark Eye' / Aventurien, the Pen and Paper RPG I draw for most. It is a large building, but fairly typical in style of the whole region we need this for. (And here is the second one of the set, a celtic-inspired roundhouse).
This three-point-perspective took me a while, simply because these things are made by hand and I don't involve 3D to keep it all in my hand to alter what I need on the fly. Also: Many curves. I've saved some WIPs, and I'll add them at a later point in the following comment.
Hopefully, you'll like it. Had a blast drawing this and a lot of freedom.
If you have any questions, just ask away. =)
ThorwalerLanghausLR.jpg
(c)Ulisses Spiele GmbH, 2019
Thank you and best wishes,
--Steffen
Last edited by SteffenBrand; 11-22-2019 at 08:18 AM.
Visit me on ArtStation.
Last edited by SteffenBrand; 10-08-2019 at 09:53 AM.
Visit me on ArtStation.
Beautiful lineart, colors and texture, as always! I think you nailed the perspective.
That is stunning.
Writer & Designer - kmalexander.com
My FREE historical cartography brushes: Hogenburg, Kensett, Zuodong, Ishikawa, Hyacinth, Ende, Homann, Zatta, Janssonius, Vischer, Braun, Ogilby, Van der Aa, Gomboust, Harrewyn, Popple , Donia, Bleau, Aubers, L'Isle, Widman, Walser, Lumbia, Lehmann, and Moronobu Gansai, Mokuhanga, also de Fer Cartography, Battlefield, Settlement
You both are too kind, thank you =)
Visit me on ArtStation.
Really nice! I can really see some of the inspiration.
Incredible, as always ! Still terribly fond of your aethetic, and I look forward to seeing the WIP
@Arimel: Thank you, glad it shows =)
@MistyBeee: Thank you very much!
Last edited by SteffenBrand; 10-09-2019 at 06:12 AM.
Visit me on ArtStation.
Wow, this really is fantastic. I find myself just taking in all the little details as my eye travels over your illustration. Very nicely done and well thought out.
- Josh
Glad you like it, thank you very much! Also:
I added the WIPs above, if you want to check them out!
Visit me on ArtStation.