Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sept / Oct 17 Lite Challenge: Caves of Chaos Section 2

Wip Sept / Oct 17 Lite Challenge: Caves of Chaos Section 2

Hey everyone, I'm a little late starting but here we go with section two. Before I go too far can someone please make sure I've not made a major mistake in layout and sizing the image?

It's supposed to be 70dpi and each square on the base map is supposed to be 2 inches so that should be 140 x 140 pixels for each square on the map right? If there is anything else I've missed or likely to mess up please let me know as this is my first time doing a dungeon map.

### Latest WIP ###
    section 2 base.png

The scale looks good to me.

Dimensions are perfect! Welcome to the Challenge QED42.

Thanks Azelor and Bogie.

This section is pretty minimal on what is in the caves beyond the monsters so I figured I could let my imagination wander a little. While nasty beasties might inhabit the caves now they aren't the types that would have constructed the place in my opinion so I thought I would suggest something else with the base layer. Hopefully the green tiles with runes in them suggest some kind of dwarven construction originally for this section of caves before the current occupants moved in.

It's also worth noting that there seem to be a lot of people living in this section for the supposed scale. I don't know how they all live in this space.

### Latest WIP ###

section 2 base 1.png

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    It's also worth noting that there seem to be a lot of people living in this section for the supposed scale. I don't know how they all live in this space.
    Yes, but this is Old School D&D where that kind of logic is not important.

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Yes, but this is Old School D&D where that kind of logic is not important.
    So true.

Welcome to the challenge. Interesting. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Is that some form of mist floating through? That texture is interesting I'm looking forward to see where you take it
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    Is that some form of mist floating through? That texture is interesting I'm looking forward to see where you take it
    It's supposed to be a sort of marbling effect on the tiles but it came out as black rather than white, must be from some very usual type of stone they have!

I've added some doors, both normal and secret as well as what is supposed to be some tapestries on the wall and an old carpet in one room.

### Latest WIP ###
    section 2 base 1.png

I like the floor, especially if you can grunge it up a little. I'm also wondering what it would look like if you added a bit of drop shadow ti the walls; it might make the transition between the walls and the floor a little less harsh. All in all, it's a good start. Keep it going!

-IG

Once again I am agreeing with IG, great work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast