Thread: February 2018 Challenge: the Journey of the Martyr

Guild Apprentice

Default February 2018 Challenge: the Journey of the Martyr

Hey guys! I missed last month's challenge and was pretty bummed because it seemed awesome! After clicking refresh pretty much constantly, I decided to try the newest challenge without having any idea what I was going to do. And then I posted in the wrong forum so that was embarrassing.

I've decided to try to make a historical map of the journey the hero of the prophecy made (or tried to make), that details their travails and trials. Set maybe 1000 years after, it'll be interesting to see if it maybe became a religious pilgrimage, to try to retrace their steps. Not sure yet though, we'll see!

###Latest WIP###

februarychallenge.jpg

I started off by taking a random brush and drawing around to make a vague shape, then imported it into illustrator and laid out a compass, a coastline, and possible mountain ranges. Pretty basic right now, but considering I started off with no ideas and have no clue where its going I'm pretty pleased so far!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

As for posting in the wrong forum, meh. It's certainly not as embarrassing as walking around at work for three hours today with my fly open before anyone thought to mention it.

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

As for posting in the wrong forum, meh. It's certainly not as embarrassing as walking around at work for three hours today with my fly open before anyone thought to mention it.
    That happens to the best of us!

Here's the latest progress, haven't made too much because life has been busy, but I've refined the coastline and started adding mountains. I like the idea of this being a map of locations this messianic figure visited while fulfilling the prophecy, so I'll add shrines and POIs with instructions on how to properly prostrate at them

###Latest WIP###
    prophecy.jpg