Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***February 2021 Challenge -Map Redo***

Default ***February 2021 Challenge -Map Redo***

Well it is the start of a new year and (for those living in the northern hemisphere at least) Spring is just around the bend. To celebrate the upcoming season of rebirth, this month's challenge is to breath new life into an old map. Ideally this would be a map you yourself had completed sometime in the past. Maybe its a map of your campaign setting or the a map for a fantasy book you hope to one day publish. Maybe you've grown artistically since you first drew that piece and now here's your chance to create a more polished version. Or maybe your world has evolved since you first created it and you'd like to illustrate these challenges in the form of a new map.

However for our newer members who haven't yet got many maps under their belt you are still welcome to participate. Instead of choosing to redo one of your own maps alternatively you may choose to redo someone else's map. This could be a map made by someone here at the Guild, or that of an author or film/TV series you like. Entirely up to you. The challenge will end sometime late in the evening of the 28th and the winner will receive a shiny new digital golden metal. As always, be sure to:

1. Title your threads: February 2021 Challenge: <<your title here>>
    2. Use the ### Latest WIP ### tag before EVERY work-in-progress image you post so that the image will show up in the thumbnails
    Last edited by arsheesh; 02-04-2021 at 04:14 PM.

I'll definitely be joining in on this, and I know exactly what I'm going to do!

Thanks for posting this, Arsheesh. It's going to be a fun challenge.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I already have a good one in mind, this should be fun!

IR

Hmm, I was looking forward to joining the challenge. However, I've literally just finished re-doing the first map I ever made lol. So I'm not sure I have the motivation to redo another. I think I may wait for the next challenge then. This one will be a great one to watch though. Before and after's are always very engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I'll definitely be joining in on this, and I know exactly what I'm going to do!

Thanks for posting this, Arsheesh. It's going to be a fun challenge.
    I think it definitely will be a fun challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing all the before and after pics.

Ooh this was fun to see last time and always great to see the progress people make. Will have to sit this one out as I'm going to be distracted in February with my partner moving in

How about a map that didn't make it to the finish line the first time 'round? Or would that be a different (and maybe good to suggest) challenge?
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Ha! If only I hadn't just done this exact thing, I would know exactly what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    How about a map that didn't make it to the finish line the first time 'round? Or would that be a different (and maybe good to suggest) challenge?
    Hmm, the spirit of this challenge is to redo an already finished piece. However an exception could be made for an unfinished piece that you want to take another swing at, provided that you are starting over from scratch rather than merely picking up work again on the original unfinished piece.

These ones are always fun. I'll have to see if I can find a map I wanna remake.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast