Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April / May Lite Challenge: Map a Campsite

Default April / May Lite Challenge: Map a Campsite

Apr / May 2016 Lite Mapping Challenge: Map a Campsite

This time the challenge is for you to map a campsite. Any kind of campsite, any genre, any location, any scale. You could do the classic fantasy campsite, a clearing in the woods with a campfire, a couple tents and bedrolls. or an oasis in the desert with a sheik's tent. or an entire army's bivouac as they prepare for battle, or a small cave in the side of a cliff where the escaped prisoners are resting for the night. or a regional map showing locations of safe campsites on the trade routes. or a small tent beside a gutted Tauntaun on the icy planet Hoth. Use your imagination. Use your skills. Have some fun. Win a pile of silver pieces,,, OK, 1 silver compass. Still worth it!

The Challenge will run until the 14th of May (more or less) and then there will be 3 days of voting. Someone is going to win a Shiny Silver Compass.

As usual, title your threads: " Apr / May 2016 Lite Challenge: << your title here >> "

Don't forget to put the hashtag: ### Latest WIP ### in front of all WIP pictures, and especially in front of your final map.
    And remember, if you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hmmm.... could be a good little start to get back into mapping after a couple of years hiatus.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Ah, interesting topic. If I have time I really want to try this..

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Sounds like a fun one! I'll definitely try to participate, but Uni work comes first (at least it should ) and then the community map! But an army encampment sure does sound like idead to have a go at especially now I'm back with my pens and paper.

Great descriptions of ideas Bogie, gets you thinking, may have to entry this one. Love the campsite on an icy planet - for the challenge, not visiting myself.

hmmmmmmmmmmm... if it's not too late... I might actually have to give this a shot.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

@Ladiestorm, It's not too late at all! Nobody's even started a thread yet!

OK, Fair Warning, I will close this down and start the voting 24 hours from now, Give or Take a bit. I have a busy night so I don't know if I will have a window of opportunity between 9pm and 10pm or if I won't get at it until after 1 am Sunday. So if you have work to do get it done early just in case.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

take your time Bogie... no really.. take your time *lol* ... so far behind on this... :/
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

@tilt well, I hope you continue on this whether you finish on time or not! I want to see how it ends!!!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast