Thread: View Halloo

Default View Halloo

Hi Cartographers,

I'm so pleased to have found this amazing resource of help and helpers.

I'm a War Gamer, I am not a war monger, just enjoy the games.

My passion is Napoleonic Wars, Imagi-nations and battles that form part of a larger campaign, theatre and war. To me this gives players reasons to do things and not slog things out until there is nothing left of units.

I am putting together a solo war game campaign set in the 1790 - 1820s and will be using both existing nations armies as well as creating some new nations from whole cloth.

I want the campaign to be fought on a new continent, and helpfully Plato discussed the island of Atalantes (Ἀτλαντίς).

Now I am already starting to put together a map, in my own crude way. I have decided on Wonderdraft and am youtubing and reading my way into all this wonderful world.

Much like painting my miniatures though I am a War Gamer not a Painter, nor in this case a Cartographer.

So it is my hope once I have enough standing to not be considered a bot, a scammer or whatever other ills have befallen people to offer a commission to create for me an Island Continent in Wonderdraft format for me to use in this first campaign, and hopefully all the future (historical and fantastical) campaigns I have in mind.

I can write, so putting together history, and mythos is fine, but it is mapping, geography, demography, geomorphology and the like that means I have been looking for some time for a place to find and look for maps and things.

Quote Originally Posted by Aukel View Post
    Hi Cartographers,

I'm so pleased to have found this amazing resource of help and helpers.

I'm a War Gamer, I am not a war monger, just enjoy the games.

My passion is Napoleonic Wars, Imagi-nations and battles that form part of a larger campaign, theatre and war. To me this gives players reasons to do things and not slog things out until there is nothing left of units.

I am putting together a solo war game campaign set in the 1790 - 1820s and will be using both existing nations armies as well as creating some new nations from whole cloth.

I want the campaign to be fought on a new continent, and helpfully Plato discussed the island of Atalantes (Ἀτλαντίς).

Now I am already starting to put together a map, in my own crude way. I have decided on Wonderdraft and am youtubing and reading my way into all this wonderful world.

Much like painting my miniatures though I am a War Gamer not a Painter, nor in this case a Cartographer.

So it is my hope once I have enough standing to not be considered a bot, a scammer or whatever other ills have befallen people to offer a commission to create for me an Island Continent in Wonderdraft format for me to use in this first campaign, and hopefully all the future (historical and fantastical) campaigns I have in mind.

I can write, so putting together history, and mythos is fine, but it is mapping, geography, demography, geomorphology and the like that means I have been looking for some time for a place to find and look for maps and things.
    Welcome to the Guild! I hope you post some of the maps for your game. I am also a fan of the Napoleonic era and historical wargaming.