Thread: WIP World Map

Guild Novice

Map WIP World Map

tumblr_ocwwb0sxjd1v2v1vro1_500.jpg

A world map I sketched then outlined in photoshop. I shaded the mountains, but neglected biomes and coloring for two reasons: 1) I haven't mapped out the water currents and prevailing winds and 2) I have no idea how to color on photoshop. I am what you call "Pigmentally Challenged" so any advice or links to tutorials will be nice (I've already browsed the tutorial section on the Forum). Any criticisms on the map is welcome as well.

Hi Greypawz

I see this is your first ever post - so welcome to the Guild

Your map is very tiny, but from what I can see it looks really interesting.

Any chance of a larger image?

Guild Novice

thebigone.jpg

Sorry for being late, I posted but the forum didn't show my reply. Here's a larger version.

Yep, what Mouse said. From what I can see, the landmass is looking cool, but with the image being that tiny it's really hard to say anything more than that. It would be nice to see a larger version!

This looks really neat so far, very cool landmass.
    In my opinion the mountains in the mountain ranges are a bit too much spaced apart, so it makes it look a bit disjointed. Other than that it's very nice!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Great so far! The land mass is very interesting, and I especially like the "shattered" part on top.
    I agree with Josiah about the mountains, but other than that they look fantastic!

Nice landmass and nice mountains ! I'd like to see some color for the ocean and some forests to bring it to life.

Oh yes, now that is nice

I was a bit distracted by the compass rose. Its just a tad on the heavy side compared to the lovely delicate nature of the rest of the map, but that's just a matter of personal taste

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Love the map so far! Your mountains look a bit on the small side, maybe you could redo them somewhat bigger and joined together? As Josiah said, this will add a lot of structure and depth to your map! Would also love to see some forests and the like, but I'm sure you already had that planned huh?

Also, I'm glad to say I don't see a single river acting weird, so that's magnificent!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

I love the hell out of that landmass! Natural-looking and interesting coastlines are something I always struggle with, but yours are looking great! Looking forward to see this develop.