Nicely done! I like the banner place names and the little city insets. It's all jolly looking. Except that big sand worm thing. Don't tell me those things respond to surface vibrations!
Seems I need to spread some rep...
A private commission done as a birthday present detailing the land of Metóreia. Fun to try out doing some little insets and a different style of mountain shading.
Metóreia Contrasted.jpg
I also did a higher contrast, sepia version at the client's request.
Last edited by Greg; 01-14-2018 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Changed to higher contrast version
Nicely done! I like the banner place names and the little city insets. It's all jolly looking. Except that big sand worm thing. Don't tell me those things respond to surface vibrations!
Seems I need to spread some rep...
Looks really great - love those banners/inserts - very detailed Very nice indeed .. couldn't rep you..next time
regs tilt
:: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
:: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
:: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise
What they said! I like those insets.
Great map ! I like this style, a bit different. As the others, the insets are just right and beautiful ! I love mountains shading too... my only concern would be with the rivers... some are looking strange (arriving nowhere, or they are really short), but it’still a real beautiful map !
Thanks Jo! Yeah some of the original rivers were supposed to end abruptly in mini-lakes or disappear underground but it was quite hard to do without looking odd.
I have to ask about Kings Lynn and Kingsbury - did he drown in his pool and was entombed down the road a bit?
Interesting insets indeed! Maybe it's my monitor, but aren't the lines all a bit too light? I fear it won't be really visible on a cheap printer like mine...