Thread: New but still slightly used.

Default New but still slightly used.

I've been gaming for a little while, back when hot pink was the new thing and most of us had lost our minds in the fashion of the 80's. Recently I've come back to map making for a Star Wars game that I am running and I'm always interested in learning new techniques to improve what I'm doing.

Hidden Rebel Base.jpg

Always looking for critical feedback and I look forward to improving the skills that I use!

I like it. Doesn't really feel like Star Wars, but it's charming and got good energy to it. I can see it printed in a lil book about a campaign.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

i feel like its design is very efficient and spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    I like it. Doesn't really feel like Star Wars, but it's charming and got good energy to it. I can see it printed in a lil book about a campaign.
    Thank you very much for the feed back. What would make it feel more Star Wars? I'm used to drawing maps for AD&D so I have my own set of habits.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho42 View Post
    i feel like its design is very efficient and spare.
    Thank you, I was going for something old and taken over by the rebellion and long since forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticDesign View Post
    Thank you very much for the feed back. What would make it feel more Star Wars? I'm used to drawing maps for AD&D so I have my own set of habits.
    Yeah I got that feeling from it for sure. I think I'd like to see existence of cords, outlets for droids, lockers by the beds and weapons storage lockers, the sort of clutter I'd run into while playing a Star Wars game, I guess. Maybe Aurebesh used instead of runes for some decoration. Rebel alliance symbol. Abandoned equipment. There's a few parts where you have a bit of a lean towards a sci-fi building going on, it's just not quite there. Star Wars was one of my first major fandoms. I definitely think it's possible to do the AD&D dungeon style battlemap and merge in some of the expected visual elements of the Star Wars world. Maybe a single color highlight instead of just black and white would also give it that sci-fi pop.

I like it, it just feels like your thing and not quite like a Star Wars map. Though I've never played the Star Wars RPG, only video games and like, the spaces in the movies and what I imagined from the books and comics.

The things I think feel most Star Wars to me are the inset couches and the console in the couch room, and the cargo / teleporter pad sort of bay base in the right.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Yeah I got that feeling from it for sure. I think I'd like to see existence of cords, outlets for droids, lockers by the beds and weapons storage lockers, the sort of clutter I'd run into while playing a Star Wars game, I guess. Maybe Aurebesh used instead of runes for some decoration. Rebel alliance symbol. Abandoned equipment. There's a few parts where you have a bit of a lean towards a sci-fi building going on, it's just not quite there. Star Wars was one of my first major fandoms. I definitely think it's possible to do the AD&D dungeon style battlemap and merge in some of the expected visual elements of the Star Wars world. Maybe a single color highlight instead of just black and white would also give it that sci-fi pop.

I like it, it just feels like your thing and not quite like a Star Wars map. Though I've never played the Star Wars RPG, only video games and like, the spaces in the movies and what I imagined from the books and comics.

The things I think feel most Star Wars to me are the inset couches and the console in the couch room, and the cargo / teleporter pad sort of bay base in the right.
    Thank you, I will definitely work on that!