Good to see it put to good use ! I really like the color transition to the border, I was wondering how to achieve it correctly. Rep will have to wait though
Smoerdal&Grundafestnew.jpg
Made this map some days ago for personal enjoyment. I used the nicely worn&torn parchment background by Thomas for it. Hand-drawn with pen on paper, scanned and then colored/labeled in gimp.
C&c is as always very welcome.
Hope you enjoy!
Cheers,
AL
EDIT: reuploaded a brighter version
Last edited by Abu Lafia; 12-05-2016 at 06:29 AM.
Map is not territory...
Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
My DeviantArt site and Twitter
Good to see it put to good use ! I really like the color transition to the border, I was wondering how to achieve it correctly. Rep will have to wait though
Thanks Thomas glad you like it. I had a plain blue layer (set to 65% multiply i think) for water on top of the parchment. Then i used the "select by colour tool" in gimp on the black parts of the parchment, selecting the black background along the edge and the holes. With the "stroke selection function" i used a cloudy/fuzzy brush in different sizes as an eraser along the edges to erase the blue water layer. Therby the original parchment color came back through. I think in PS it's possible to do something similar (and in my experience maybe even in an easier way )
Thanks for the feedback Ilanthar! Yes, currently i'm working on my old laptop. Its screen has different color settings compared to my desktop pc. I reuploaded a brighter version of it. Is it looking better now?
Map is not territory...
Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
My DeviantArt site and Twitter
Really nice job, love the color palette, that orange is real attraction.
If you want another texture, just ask. A little sketch and let's go (it'll have to wait till february though).
This is a very cool piece Abu. I agree, the orange works for me
Artstation - | - Buy Me a Kofi
I just noticed the bottom left corner ! That's so sweet
What a lovely simple but beautiful map. Getting harmonious colours all working together is really quite difficult, but you've done it splendidly
...And you're right, thomrey - that is sweet
Free parchments | Free seamless textures | Battle tiles / floor patterns | Room 1024 - textures for CC3 | GUILD CITY INDEX
No one is ever a failure until they give up trying