Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forest Crypt battlemap

Default Forest Crypt battlemap

First i apologize for the somehow small image.
    This is my second map for RPG Now, hence i don't want to publish a full size anywhere else

About the map.
    This is actually really old project of mine, that was sitting in a folder somewhere deep inside my HDD. I had the lines done months ago, but when i came back to it i decided to redrew everything. Somewhere along the way i remembered that i always wanted to try a "nighttime" map. There are so few outdoor night maps out there, right ? At least i can't find many. All dark maps are usually indoor/dungeon ones.

So anyway. I took my chance in different colours for a "nighty-night" map and it turn out pretty nice in my opinion. It is much harder to graps the idea of shadow though. The subtle light of the moon dosen't create that sharp shadows like during the day, so i had to experiment. Not entirely sure if i did it right though.

Forest_cryp_CG_Zatwarnicki_rafal.jpg
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Really good job ! I'd love to get a bit more nitpicky Could you share a link to your RPG Now shop ?

Man, I really envy your splendid trees & roofs on those small area maps!
    The light effects are very well done too.

Guild Expert

I think you did a splendid job on the shadows, this turned out really well.

This is excellent! I've actually been considering starting a series of battle maps in DTRPG as well, and this map is very inspirational in that regard. Beautifully sketched and rendered. This is going straight into my inspiration folder.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Really good job ! I'd love to get a bit more nitpicky Could you share a link to your RPG Now shop ?
    Sure i can, but there is nothing to see there really . I created an account couple months ago and did one map only. I forgot about it untill now and decided to put this map also to "grow" my portfolio there. The Forest Crypt map is still pending validation, so you can see only one map :/. Honestly i do not care so much about it, its extremaly hard to be successful there. Tons of competition with great maps. I am not sure if it's really worth the time, not even sure if anyone ever saw my map there . Here is a link

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    I think you did a splendid job on the shadows, this turned out really well.
    Thanks Kacey

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    This is excellent! I've actually been considering starting a series of battle maps in DTRPG as well, and this map is very inspirational in that regard. Beautifully sketched and rendered. This is going straight into my inspiration folder.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thank you Arsheesh, I guess you are more successful there than me
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Wow, this is really great Voolf! Your work is always so incredibly detailed! I really love the tomb with the graves outside, and the fallen gate. This piece is just filled with tiny details that really make this map work so well. And it isn't even a high-res version!

Yes, I too have found sales on my products at DTRPG to be quite modest. I certainly receive far more monetary compensation from straight up commissions. That's part of the reason why I haven't devoted much of my energy toward creating new content there. However I've noticed that there are a few vendors there that appear to be doing well selling battle maps, as evidenced by the fact that they keep producing more content. So I thought I might give that a try and see how things go. Hope your line takes off as well.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Love this map, so thematic and moody. You did an amazing job illustrating a night map.
    Have some rep!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast