Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feb / Mar '18 Light Challenge: Hadden

Guild Apprentice

Default Feb / Mar '18 Light Challenge: Hadden

I'm still very new to Photoshop and mapping so this is very slow...but tons of fun. Thanks for the challenge.

### Latest WIP ###
    Hadden.png

Welcome to the Challenge kenan.

That is how most of us prioritize the reasons for doing challenges:
    #1 Have fun
    #2 Get better
    #3 Get a lot of votes. Now, don't get me wrong, winning is cool, but it is not the main reason most of us enter. And those that do put winning at #1 usually end up bitter and disappointed.

Guild Apprentice

Decided to try something different with the mountains. I'm pretty happy with them for now. Next, I want to add some texture to the rest of the continent. Not sure exactly what...

### Latest WIP ###
    Hadden.png

Guild Apprentice

Hmmm. Now that I look at it again.... Not sure I like the mountains. I'm thinking this sort of atlas style might be a little beyond my photoshop skills at the moment.

Not a PS guy (GIMP user), I liked the mts in the first post. Hope you get it sorted. Has good potential!

Guild Apprentice

Yeah. I think I like the first version better too. I need to get better at that technique. The mountains are too blurry for my tastes, especially the lower mountains.

Guild Apprentice

Yet another mountain style. Totally experimenting and trying different things.

### Latest WIP ###
    Feb-Mar Map Challenge.png

Guild Apprentice

TFW you look at what you posted the previous night and think "OMG, what have I done."

I think in your 1st post the mountains fit best with the rest of the map. I like the concept of the latest post but the mountains and forest don't fit the style, the high contrast borders especially. I also think you could scale down the mountain elements (shrink the brush size I assume) to better fit the scale of the map. Work in progress but sometimes you have to try a bunch of things to see what fits, or that maybe your first go was the correct one. Good luck, we still have 2 weeks

Guild Apprentice

Yeah... I'm trying/learning different techniques and throwing 'em all into the same map even though they clash horribly from a style perspective. Need to settle on a style, I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast