Thread: Alwych Gardens

Map Alwych Gardens

Map.jpg

A Carbon 2185 map but really suitable for any Modern or Near Future game.

I wanted a large map of the local neighborhood for the players to get use to and do combat in so over time they can set it up the way they want it.

Its a mix of Commercial, housing and light industry that is the heart of a larger council estate of about 20000 people in towering blocks.

Its set somewhere in the East End of London on the DLR.

Enjoy!

Nice work! Very gamer friendly. I like the color palette you chose and the light effects are a nice touch.

Neat and clear, I like it a lot! It has a nice atmosphere to it, and like Ilanthar said, the lighting effects are a fantastic touch. I really like the colors you used here. The one thing I'm not wild about is that one stone pattern and the grass pattern, that look a bit too repetive to my taste, but overall the look is solid. Definitely a rep-worthy piece!

This is your first post although your account was created way back in 2013? Glad you decided to end your lurking days Welcome to the Guild proper!
    Last edited by Kellerica; 10-18-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

I agree with Kell and Ilanthar: the map looks great, and the lighting is amazing! I also agree with Kell about the texture for the rocks and grass, and I'd also add a few more bits: the water edge, and piles of crates. The effect of the map altogether is something that might be generated by a computer (which is a good thing, given the context) but the addition of those elements does not look very sci-fi.

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Info Answers

Yeah, Ive hung round and admired (even used) the work for A LONG TIME.

It was the first time I couldn't even find something close to what I needed.

But when I made something I made sure I gave back to community.

The textures are not grand. Sadly its a limitation of the software

https://deepnight.net/tools/rpg-map/

Its a great little package for what I need.

I am tempted to take it into another program and do the textures.