Thread: feedback

Default feedback requested

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a regional map section of the world map I posted a while ago, and I'm hoping for some feedback.

Here's the backstory: This map is of an imperial holy site in the world I'm building, analogous to something like Kyoto in old Japan, where the emperor lived as a holy figure. In my story, this a religious shrine at the center of a holy island with an extinct volcano at its central axis. Radiating out from it will be first a large ring of standing stones, then avenues to the top, sides and bottom of the map with temples for East, South, West and North. There will probably be a temple on an island in the middle of the crater lake and a matching gateway to the temple next to the entrance of the top waterfall on the volcano. The river at the bottom leads to the imperial palace setting (the East side of the map). I used a number of sets of visual symmetry to give a sense of the centrality of the volcano (it's the central point of the culture's mythology), so that it might seem that from whatever direction you're approaching on the map, it leads to the mountain. I'm curious what your general reaction is. The map is too big to fit at full detail, so I hope it comes out clearly. It's a work in progress.

Thanks!

Ilmari
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ilmari; 08-10-2015 at 09:58 AM. Reason: clarifying