Thread: The Rike and its Neighbours

Default The Rike and its Neighbours

This is a map of AH.com user Gryphon's longstanding worldbuilding project, tentatively entitled Fables from the Glen. He's kindly allowed me to put it on here and in a few other places, and written a description for it that covers a lot of the history behind it. TL;DR: the Rike is a confederacy of kingdoms at about a 18th century tech level, running on Anglo-Saxon "feudalism by consent" principles. There's magic and supernatural ongoings of all kinds, but the high gods had a war a while before this map is set, which killed most of them, forced the others into hiding and damn near destroyed the upperworld, the more advanced (and vaguely cyberpunk-looking) plane of gods and elves. Said war spilled over into the middleworld (the plane where humans live) and, by sheer coincidence, happened to affect the Rike a lot less badly than it did everyone else, so the Rike is now the completely dominant power in this particular part of the world. The exception is the Sahsi, elven refugees from the upperworld who took over most of the kingdom of Camber and set up a forward base for elven penetration into the middleworld.

doitverse-big-final-watermark.png

I like this a lot. It's simple but effective and very detailed.

Really well done political map. love the detailing.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yeah, I like this one too. Good ol' AH.com...

Clean and professional work, which makes the world realistic