Thread: July/August 2024 Challenge: The Bahyrst Region

Post July/August 2024 Challenge: The Bahyrst Region

Its time to come back to challenges so, for my map i pick up the Sword & Sorcery Fantasy Genre, and my wheel come to some interesting choices, and one that seems to want to be on the map, let`s see.

CartographyGuild JulyChallenge.JPG

After struggling a bit to decide how to represent the themes drawn from the wheel and committing myself to completing all five selected themes, I finally finished the sketch of the Bahyrst region map.

Bahyrst is not a kingdom per se, but a region filled with mysteries and magic.

In this region, you will find the throne of a lost God atop the northwestern mountains (Holy Site);

A crater caused by the fall of a strange space stone, which mutated both the rocky area and the surrounding forest, creating strange creatures that those who saw and survived describe as flying fireballs or flaming eyes that watch and consume the souls of those who dare to meet their gaze (Mutated Environment);

The ruins of an ancient city forgotten in the mutated forest. So forgotten that no one remembers if the ruin was caused by the fall of the strange space stone or by some other reason predating the fall (Forgotten Ruins);

And finally, a city of tents beside the oasis in the hands of the Titan. Some say it is merely a curious rock formation resembling the fingers of an immense hand, while others claim they are the fingers of a Titan who long ago fell asleep or perished in battle against some unknown force capable of defeating such a giant creature.

### Latest WIP ###
    WhatsApp Image 2024-08-18 at 12.10.24.jpeg

So, this is my finished map.

### Latest WIP ###
    BahyrstRegion.jpg