The final map in my British Isles trio of fantasy-inspired maps. After making a map of England for my Camelot challenge entry, and then a map of Ireland for my mom’s 70th birthday, I decided to make it a British Isles trio and map Scotland. Making an Outlander-themed map seemed to be the most obvious, especially since I’m currently seeing commercials for the upcoming season. I haven’t watched the show but I’ve read the books. The corner art and compass are replicas of cover art from the novels. I also drew icons for some important story locations (and then McCaig’s Tower, which I don’t think is ever mentioned in the story, but it filled up space nicely).

WIP thread is here: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=42560. Many thanks to ChickPea for a valuable editor and for everyone who weighed in with comments. You guys helped make this map so much better!

This was hand-drawn on a Wacom Intuos tablet in Photoshop. The font is Enchanted Land except for the upper left corner, which is Charlemagne (the show font).

Outlander map v9 (sm).jpg