Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop CC

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Default Photoshop CC

I've got a question about the new Photoshop CC. First let me preface this by saying that I have looked around on the different threads here and I cannot seem to find the information I am looking for, even after spending a few hours going through threads the other day. So that's why I'm asking this question in a new thread.

The question is, does anybody know if the photoshop cc that Adobe is pushing on people now have the ability to do all of the things I have been watching mappers and digital artists do on this website or is it simply for editing pictures?

Basically, I have Gimp but I actually want to start learning Photoshop so I can improve my art skills way beyond what they are now and I want to be able to use photoshop to do it. And I want the full deal, not some watered down version.

Thanks for any help you can give.

I think photoshop CC is definitely a professional program for artists and photographers. I use photoshop for everything I do. I'm not a professional artist but I know a lot of them do use it.

I can't imagine how on earth all those features would be used for just photo editing. Photoshop elements is a bit of a watered down version of it more just for editing pictures.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Photoshop CC is the full package and because you pay by subscription it updates to all the latest features as and when they are released. It is used by many (most?) professional artists that paint using software. There are tonnes of tutorials on the web for PS and lots of third party plug-ins.

Ok, you guys have convinced me. I'm gonna go sign up. Thank you

Are you getting the trial first? I would suggest it, because if you get the photography plan (which is the cheapest) you have to have it for a year, but you pay monthly. So if you haven't tried it out yet you should get the trial first.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Yup, doing the trial first.

I use the Photography plan for Adobe CC, but aside from color adjustment/image enhancement, the only thing I use Photoshop for is to insure that my PSD files created in Xara (my preferred graphics application) willl work for those publishers I create map content for who use Macs (I use a PC) is perfectly compatible. The only clients that need the perfect compatibility is video game strategy guide publishers, so only because strategy guide publishing jobs pay very well, I'm not really getting my money's worth for it.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Thank you for that information Gameprinter, it's always interesting to hear about what the professionals are doing. In my case, I plan on using it for making maps, line art, sketching projects for my wargame terrain building, 3d modelling to make mods for video games, creating my own art projects for some games I've been working on, and possibly, when I get good enough at art, doing an online comic and possibly even write a book, and illustrate some of my mother's unpublished childrens books, as well as my great great grandfathers American Civil War Journal.

Blog Entries

I have Gimp but I actually want to start learning Photoshop so I can improve my art skills
    there is nothing wrong with Gimp

i have been using that program for 15 years
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Gimp. But I prefer something that is the industry standard. And something that isn't open source.

I've been wanting to get photoshop for quite a few years but it has always been way too expensive. Now, though I know I'll pay more for it in the long run, i can actually afford the monthly cost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast