Thread: The Fjords of Knørden

Default The Fjords of Knørden

This is another regional map I did for my Patreon: The Fjords of Knørden.

The Fjords make up the central area of the kingdom of Knørden, a cold and harsh nation in the north of Wordal. Of old, the people that dwelled here were a divided one, spread out across many competing clans. The rivalry amongst clans combined with the harsh weather made this a dangerous place to live. The people of the Fjords lived like this for centuries.

Two winter's ago a man decided that it was enough when his clan engaged in combat with another. His people were at the being crushed and upon seeing this, this man burst into a rage like no one had ever seen before, he defeated the enemy almost single handedly! In this fight, he lost all his teeth, save for one. From this day on, the man was known as Fjørmann Ojntønd.

Fjørmann became the leader of his clan, and out of fear of what this man could do, the survivors of the opposing clan joined his. Fjørmann continued to confront other clans offering them to join his or suffer the same fate as his enemies. Within 3 moons, he had united all of Knørden under one clan, pronounced himself King Fjørmann I of House Ojntønd, and founded the Kingdom of Knørden.

The Kingdom of Knørden is still young, and the harsh people have little experience with diplomacy and politics. Still, save for the occasional feud and violent outbreak, King Fjørmann's rule is fair and firm, and his subject loyal. Now it is time for the Knørds to find their place in the world.

The Fjords of Knørden are a perfect place for your players to get involved in a political game. They can help King Fjørmann establish foreign relations. The king will surely need any help he can get. Or maybe they are sent by one of the neighbours of Knørden, to sabotage its infant political structure. Turn the clans against each other and cause a civil war.

The Fjords of Knørden Free small.jpg

As always, let me know what you think!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Nice work ! I love the "cold" touch of these northern lands ! And the burning cities add some drama to the whole map !

Yeah, I agree with J0, you've done a great job with the colors (as usual), the chill of the landscape really comes through.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

This looks good Dan
    I like the color palette.

I have to spread rep first, but i'll be back

To be honest I like the thumbnail more than the full size image. The depiction of the coastlines is too angular, too edgy for my taste, but nevertheless a very interesting coastal shape. Slartibartfast would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Nice work ! I love the "cold" touch of these northern lands ! And the burning cities add some drama to the whole map !
    Thank you Jo! I loved doing the icons in general, but those especially were a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Yeah, I agree with J0, you've done a great job with the colors (as usual), the chill of the landscape really comes through.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Arsheesh! Glad I could evoke that!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    This looks good Dan
    I like the color palette.

I have to spread rep first, but i'll be back
    Thanks John!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerron View Post
    To be honest I like the thumbnail more than the full size image. The depiction of the coastlines is too angular, too edgy for my taste, but nevertheless a very interesting coastal shape. Slartibartfast would be proud.
    Well, to each their own. I can see that it’s something you might not like is it’s not your thing

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I love the way you did the water! It looks great. Also I'd second the burning cities being fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    I love the way you did the water! It looks great. Also I'd second the burning cities being fantastic.
    Thanks Gidde!

Beautiful map as always!