Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thetania

Beautiful piece, my only comment would be to make the compass rose smaller, kind of dominates with it's color and size. Maybe the Title box square shapes around the frame seem a little large too, but really nice map. Great job.

The illustrations and seamonsters add a lot to this already splendid map. I also like the border for both the illustrations and the whole map. Not so sure about the brown splashes along the border though. I like them on your recent maps done in a more painterly style, where it ads to this flair. Here it looks a bit too messy in my view, compared with the very neat rest of the map. Maybe put them under the border / as an overlay on the parchment background? Anyway, fantastic job (as always )!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Sir.. I personally think that this is one of the best map you ever made!! Wonderful colors, nice design and layout, awesome illustrations and details!
    You are in the "mapmaking world" by lot of time and your works are wonderful, but I think that you improved your style lately! don't know how to describe it, but I feel a different feel from your maps, and that's good!!

Too bad I can't rep you now

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Beautiful piece, my only comment would be to make the compass rose smaller, kind of dominates with it's color and size. Maybe the Title box square shapes around the frame seem a little large too, but really nice map. Great job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    The illustrations and seamonsters add a lot to this already splendid map. I also like the border for both the illustrations and the whole map. Not so sure about the brown splashes along the border though. I like them on your recent maps done in a more painterly style, where it ads to this flair. Here it looks a bit too messy in my view, compared with the very neat rest of the map. Maybe put them under the border / as an overlay on the parchment background? Anyway, fantastic job (as always )!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Sir.. I personally think that this is one of the best map you ever made!! Wonderful colors, nice design and layout, awesome illustrations and details!
    You are in the "mapmaking world" by lot of time and your works are wonderful, but I think that you improved your style lately! don't know how to describe it, but I feel a different feel from your maps, and that's good!!

Too bad I can't rep you now
    Thank you very much, guys!!
    I decreased the title shield and the compass in size and lowered the opacity of the splatter/dirt effects.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sapiento; 07-12-2016 at 04:57 AM.

Hey Sapiento, just wanted to say, the new upload is exactly the same as the last one
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Hey Sapiento, just wanted to say, the new upload is exactly the same as the last one
    Thank you, Abu! I replaced the file in the post.

This looks amazing and if I would have to nitpick I would say that the north ice and the forest above lake Chamon have to sharp of a color transition. Everything else is just spot on. Bravo
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Another fine piece, though I expect no less from you Sapiento.

Only thing I don't care for all that much is the font, but that's just personal preference.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Barek333 View Post
    This looks amazing and if I would have to nitpick I would say that the north ice and the forest above lake Chamon have to sharp of a color transition. Everything else is just spot on. Bravo
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Another fine piece, though I expect no less from you Sapiento.

Only thing I don't care for all that much is the font, but that's just personal preference.
    Thank you very much!

Great map, all the new changes really improved the overall appearance. One of my favorite parts is a small detail, I really like the Poisonous Rifts. Although, before you labelled them I thought it was a lava filled chasm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12