Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **JUST FOR FUN** April / May '18 Lite Challenge: King Crimson

I like the names!
    And the style. (college memories)

I had forgotten about The Byrds (possibly because I never bought one of their albums), but now I can't get "Eight Miles High" out of my head.
    Oops, I just looked them up on Wikipedia and now "Tambourine Man" is competing for air time.

I like the labels on the banners.
    For the labels on the land, darkening the outline a little bit more would make them stand out better.

Hehe, this map just makes me smile everytime I see it !!

Just as Mouse, I think the labels are fine as they are. Maybe you can try to make them green as the water labels, but maybe it would break the global balance... it's something you can see only with trying, I think ^^'
    Last edited by MistyBeee; 05-13-2018 at 06:00 AM.

You have a knack for book covers

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, guys. Appreciate your thoughts.

Mouse, I tried a 'creamier' colour, and it was OK and the labels were legible, but I felt it didn't 'pop' enough. When you looked at the map zoomed out, I didn't feel the labels stood out as much as I would have liked.

bkh1914, I actually tried the labels with a darker stroke. I had them that way originally. It was more the yellow colour inside that I wasn't too keen on. I hesitated back and forth between the darker stroke and the one I have at the moment, and decide that what I currently have worked best. Thanks for the suggestion, though. And sorry for giving you an ear worm!

MistyBeee, I tried blue/greenish labels too, and at first I liked them, and they certainly contrasted well with the background. But... after I'd updated them, I sat back and looked at the map and though, nah, I don't like this. It was just too much of that colour, and I didn't feel it worked. I'm glad the map makes you smile. That's a lovely complement. It makes me smile too in all its outrageousness lol!

I had a mini-shock this morning when I realised this challenge ends tomorrow night. I seem to have mixed up my days and thought I had another few days to work on it! I'm going to leave it as it as, rather than angst-ing over shades of yellow. Unless I spot something way off, this will probably be my final entry.

I need to go make some stamps now for the regular challenge!

EDIT, Oops, just saw your comment, Thomas. Thank you! I do enjoy the design aspect of a book cover, and knew as soon as I saw the challenge that I had to beg Bogie to let me join in again haha!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

It came out great ChickPea! I like how you put a little extra separation between Crosby, Stills, Nash,,,,,,,,,,& Young. I've seen a lot of those bands, great memories.

Thanks, Bogie!

That wasn't deliberate with the 'Young' label, but yeah, it worked out well haha!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Great music choices! This would be a fantastic poster for a huge concert event.

Thanks!

Hmmm... maybe there's a challenge in there somewhere to create a combined map & poster for a festival...

Wow, man. That is so groovin.

Seriously good work CP, shame you can't enter! All you need now is the Humble Pie Bakery and you'd be set!
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12