Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kacey's Practice sketches, experiments and not so mapy things

I really don't think you need to worry about your trees quite so much. At least they actually look like trees... which is more than I can say for the squashed insect things I've been too ashamed to show!

Guild Expert

Thanks Mouse though I still feel like I need to practice them more, right now I'm working on some top down city style trees, hopefully I'll have something to show in the next few days.

Guild Expert

Just playing around with some background texture in watercolor today in preparation for my challenge map, let me know what you think. I wasted allot of paper trying to get to this so I hope you like it... Feel free to use it if you like without restriction.

watercolor backround.jpg

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Just playing around with some background texture in watercolor today in preparation for my challenge map, let me know what you think. I wasted allot of paper trying to get to this so I hope you like it... Feel free to use it if you like without restriction.

watercolor backround.jpg
    Wow! What a quality! How do you manage to give such a texture with paint? It's really great quality! We find the type of scroll you use for your cards, I hope it will be a good inspiration for you! And I think I'm going to save your work for myself and use it for my cards! Thank you and well done!

Feel free to use it if you like without restriction.
    Well, don't mind if I do! Great stuff, Kacey, thanks a ton for sharing.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Expert

Thanks JO and Kelleri (I hope it's ok if I still call you that) Not sure you'll find a use for it though, the resolution and image quality is quite poor, but I'm glad you like it. I finally picked up a new scanner today so hopefully I'll be able to give you guys a better image next time.

Thank you for the the permission to use the texure. It's really good and i can see myself using it now and then.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

... and Kelleri (I hope it's ok if I still call you that) Not sure you'll find a use for it though, the resolution and image quality is quite poor, but I'm glad you like it. I finally picked up a new scanner today so hopefully I'll be able to give you guys a better image next time.
    All good, and Kell is more than fine as well

I usually use a dozen textures on one map anyway, usually there are a few lower res ones in there too, so I think it will help me just as well. Not that I'd say no to a higher res version either, though!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12