Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feb/Mar '21 Lite Challenge: Temple in the sewers

Well done, I think you did hit a good balance with the shadows.

Don't forget to use the WIP hashtag with every new image posted.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

This is looking really good! Those shadows do so much to the map. Such a little detail as well! It might help to label the different sections as well like Floor 1, 2, 3 etc. It took me a few seconds to match the stairways and figure out their order.

Really good job Andarr. I like the "logic" of the structure (the section hide inside the already secret temple and the feeling of a real building plan).

Thank you guys, i am glad you like it.

It might help to label the different sections as well like Floor 1, 2, 3 etc.
    Yea i thought on that, but ultimately i figured something else that will figure this problem out. I hope i will have it finished tomorrow as a whole so you can tell me after that if its more clear

(the section hide inside the already secret temple and the feeling of a real building plan)
    Thanks for noticing. When i ran my dnd i always wanted it to be believable. Sadly my players did not care too much, they just wanted the loot, but when i could not justify something in the dungeon, i was not happy and could not put it there .

So after finishing some last details and completing the base map, i figured out that at the bottom is still some space that could be filled with some sort of legend and since at the beginning i was thinking about doing this map isometric. I could not resist.

The worst thing about it is that i spent more time on drawing high resolution wax seal with my logo (for future use), than on the whole isometric legend, and that little bastard is barely recognisable at this resolution

Anyway, here is finished map. I am glad that i was part of this month challenge and now i have to hope you will like it and be merciful on my soul
    Probably will not try battlemap again soon

### Latest WIP ###
    undergroud_temple_07.png
    Last edited by Andarr; 03-10-2021 at 03:44 PM.

Sorry Andarr, but you made a big mistake...... I imagine that there is no other option than redoing the map entirely!!!!
    I'm joking for sure, you did a great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Simkin View Post
    Sorry Andarr, but you made a big mistake...... I imagine that there is no other option than redoing the map entirely!!!!
    I'm joking for sure, you did a great job!
    Simkin, you are evil!!! Funny, but evil!

All joking aside, you did a great job Andarr.

Thank you guys very much, not gonna lie Simkin, my hearth skipped a beat when i red your first sentence

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

This came out really well. The small isometric section at the bottom really helps to fill in the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Andarr View Post
    The worst thing about it is that i spent more time on drawing high resolution wax seal with my logo (for future use), than on the whole isometric legend, and that little bastard is barely recognisable at this resolution
    It'll be worth it in the future.

I've been making maps since 2009 and haven't drawn myself a custom logo seal or anything of the like and I STILL DON'T HAVE A CONSISTENT LOGO! (dies a little) because time. Ugh. I did the base map for this challenge and just didn't even bother to post it because I know I can't.

Nice battlemap. Do it again. Don't lie to yourself. You're coming back for more punishment. Battlemaps are just so saleable.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123