Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feb/Mar '21 Lite Challenge: Temple in the sewers

Wip Feb/Mar '21 Lite Challenge: Temple in the sewers

So i guess that somebody have to be first and as a former DnD DM i was sure that i must try this challenge. This is my first challenge here so i hope that i did not bite more than i can chew.

Last night i started to plan my dungeon, but firstly i thought about the adventure that would take place on this map, This story is in Dnd or any other medieval fantasy setting.

The story is that in the city of Terean, people do not trust anyone that deals with magic arts and are prosecuted if they are caught. That however do not disscourage members of semi secret cult. Cultist have their base in the sewers. It is known that this cult exists in the city, but on the outside, members are presenting themselves as worshipers of some uncommon deity and worshiping is nothing punishable. But lately some people in the city started dissapearing and cultists are logical suspects, but nothing was proven to them.

The game itself would be something like this: Mayor asked group of adventurers to conduct search in the sewers and find the temple. There they would find shrine and member quarters. The cultist pray there, but only inner circle which also live there knows about one more shrine in the lower level. The cultists are not hostile, but when players notice the secret doors to lower level, fighting will begin. in the lower level there is shrine which is behind doors that needs to be opened with some sort of puzzle and guarded by traps. In the shrine is usually comunicated with demonic dimensions. When cultists in the lower level hear rumble from living quarters, they will start to summon big evil demon into the shrine. It will be up to players in which phase of summoning they will appear there. Behind shrine is jail for human sacrifices to the rituals. They are brought there with secondary entrance to this complex. There are rooms in where are kept belongings of victims. In case that players would be too fast in clearing this dungeon, it could be added fight between guardsman and the rest of cultists that tried to escape via the secondary exit in the last room.

I hope it sounds atleast a little bit interesting. I managed to do a fast rought scetch and basic blocking, only for putting myself into this challenge.

### Latest WIP ###
    undergroud_temple_01.png

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

That's a very nice start! I'm eager to see more ^^
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

Sounds like a great adventure, and the map looks like a terrific layout!
    Welcome to your first Challenge Andarr!

A temple in the sewers sounds about right. I personally am tired of my local church always smelling like candles and flowers, and even incense. I feel I should perhaps finally tell them to "get with the times" and spill some sewage here and there for a more interesting ambiance. But no, I bet they wouldn't even leave the crypts open for a time. This is definitely how these cults get new followers.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is definitely how these cults get new followers.
    Well maybe you just figured it out Kisachik

Anyway, after two days of scatching and drawing stones and wood planks i managed to get it into some presentable shape...
    undergroud_temple_02.png

and here it is with just basic colors put down, no shading, no lights, no objects...
    There is long way before me...

Feel free to tell me what you think.

### Latest WIP ###
    undergroud_temple_03.png

Looks like a crazy amount of work to hand draw all those boards and tiles. It will be worth it!

Oh it was crazy... but now it should be more fun! I just hope the end result will be appealing

I love maps in the sewers. This is looking really great.

As already said, the textures are really greats. Your work Iooks promising, I'm waiting patiently for the final result

Thanks for the kind words, i have little update to share.
    I managed to do shading and highlights down. Now i will put on the floor some objects and details... Hopefully if there will be still time i can add some things to add a little spark to the map...

Please tell me what you think about the background and the color of the grid... I tried to do it black but it was not noticeable, and then bright green, that was too bright but kinda nice... I would appreciate your input on this.

### Latest WIP ###
    undergroud_temple_04.png

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast