Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nov-Dec 2019 Challenge : Naatietl' Itza, where the Fire dreams

Map

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Wow, you did it quite fast. It's looking good.
    Thanks Rafal I had little idle time on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I missed this!
    Man, you rock with those traditional maps! It's more than believable to find this in the Guild Archives of Guild Town .
    Merci beaucoup Julien I'm glad you think it has an authentic enough vibe

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    I really like that you challenged yourself to do this all by hand! I think it worked out well, I'm sure you learned a lot in the process, I always love the way you do your parchment backgrounds.
    It was challenging, indeed, but I had a bit of practice. The first times cost but you eventually get confident enough to dive in and jpshoer helped motivate me by encouraging me to embrace the rough feel of watercolor. I saw you are trying it too, if I can propose a bit of advice, work on small size paper, doodle quickly with pencil (2 or3 hours tops) and dive right in. Even if you wreck it, you'll have learned a lot.

I finally got the time to scan it properly so, here's the last image with more faithful colors. I was tempted to fix some things but I only erased a big stain in the crack at the bottom. Thanks for this challenge John !

### Latest WIP ###
    Challenge post.jpg

Been watching you develop you skills with watercolors/aquarel on Insta and this has turned out to be something to be proud of Thomas!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123