• Walk Me Plank...Surprise! It's DRAGONS! by Pryme8

9 30.00%
  • Sci Fi Floor Tiles by schattentanz

1 3.33%
  • Cartographers' Toolbox by tainotim

10 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: September Challenge: Mapping Elements Time to Vote!

Post September Challenge: Mapping Elements Time to Vote!

It's Voting Time!
    This month's challenge was to create up to 6 Mapping Elements or Textures. No restrictions, anything that can be used to make a map.

We had a great turnout even though we started late and are finishing a little earlier than usual. ( I wanted the October challenge to get back on track and start on the 1st. ) A lot of people stepped up and created some great art!

You will have 3 days to vote. Polls close Tuesday morning. You can vote for as many as you like. Please remember to REP all the entries you like even if you didn't vote for them.

The winner will receive a nice Shiny Gold Compass!

You can check out everyone's art by clicking here: CHALLENGE THUMBNAILS
    Last edited by Bogie; 09-27-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected EricPoehlsen's Avatar

Voting was not easy on this one - some of you did great stuff but went a little to far, My votes went to the city and town icons which exactly met the challenge by providing mapping elements. I will give my personal comments in the rep posts ...

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

You have a very narrow definition of mapping elements then...

O h well I vote for Three. Really couldn't narrow it down any more. Great entries from all. If I didn't rep you then my REP club needs to be passed around first.
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

I also voted for 3 but really tough choices - Bogie cause I will def use those them...Neyjour cause she actually made the scrolls and they're awesome...and Pryme cause...well cause its (insert expletive here) dragons!
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

tainotim got my first vote. Really liked the presentation of that entry. After that, it was kind of tough. All the entries were great. Max got my second vote. Can never turn down a classic dungeon set. But then I was at a crossroads. I really couldn't pick a third one that stood out above the others for me.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Yes, for me personally a mapping element equals to one symbol maybe two similar symbols as avers and revers of a token.
    If a challenge asks for "up to six mapping elements" I expect one to six symbols which follow a consistent style.

A full dungeon map consisting of 'six rooms', as presented by Max, is not within the scope of the challenge in my opinion.
    If a writing challenge asks for a short story with 2000-2500 words you can't hand in a well written 20000 word novella ...

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

You're kind of right Eric. To be honest though, I wouldn't had the feeling of doing a real challenge with providing ony 6 basic tiles that would have take only a few minutes to draw. Hence I decided to go a bit further.

Maybe if a challenge like this comes again it should be 'present a symbol catalog' ...

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

I do t think I'm ever competing with y'all agian, there is no respect for originality and I was to I had to restrict it to 6 items not 6 times 3 representations of it. Otherwise I would have done different scaling a of mine a we'll. I feel like people are voting for things that are the same thing just recycled... I did not even vote for myself I voted for those that showed creativity and provided things that have reusability... I'm sorry but a set of town icons can be drawn in a afternoon, the person that deserves way more respect this month is neyjor and I'm pretty ****ed at the community for not recognizing people that should be and circle jerking the same artist off over and over again.

I may be leaving this forum, it's a cool resource but I'm starting to feel out of the circle.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast