Thread: The World of Armengard

Wip The World of Armengard

Hi everyone!
    This is my first map. The world known Armengard. This is a map for a universe on which I am working since 2013. (I had already made a sketch map which I used, but a real and beautiful map that's better!).

So it's far from over, but I wanted your opinion, and your advice. For exemple, about the subject of color of the mountains and forests. I can't decide. Colored or not?

3182058.jpg

3182143.jpg

Anyway I am very proud of my parchment texture ^^ '

( And sorry for my mistakes, I'm not english native >.> )
    Last edited by Kyrah; 01-03-2015 at 12:44 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Depending on the scale, how many kilometers it is from side to side, I would remove about a third of the mountains maybe even half. If this represents 10,000 kilometers then it is good. I might tone down the green a little but if you left it as is then that's fine, too. I'd have to see it larger to really know. I like the colors and my suggestions are minor.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

The colors are definitely awesome. I've always been a fan of the dark grey/gold combo.

Thank you both!

So, for the size. Each "square" is 500 * 500 km. From east to west, the map measures 7000 km.
    This is the map, in bigger:

ArmengardMap.jpg
    Last edited by Kyrah; 01-03-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Depending on the scale, how many kilometers it is from side to side, I would remove about a third of the mountains maybe even half. .
    I thought the same thing.
    Otherwise the map is really nice - one sees that you have spent a lot of time with it.
    What part of the world does this map show (what lat/long corresponds to the edges) ?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I lacked the words to describe what I wanted to say so instead I just drew on your map. These are just my suggestions so feel free to tell me to mind my own business.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Nice work. I like the color scheme with the green forests. The rivers you have look good, but with that many mountains and large lakes I think there would be more rivers.

Thank you for the advice ^^ I will not be doing it everywhere (especially in the north, where I need these great mountain ranges), but for the rest, it just remains for me to find beautiful hills: D

For now I am down to work to remake all the rivers (most of which were just not very nice sketch) a lot prettier.
    Last edited by Kyrah; 01-04-2015 at 08:44 AM.