Thread: Tumonara

Default Tumonara

I made this map a month or two ago and am wondering if folks could give me feedback on it? Please bear in mind I did make a couple of mistakes;
    1. I forgot to name one of the kingdoms. I'd been working for three hours and was exhausted. >.< I know, not an excuse, but oh well.
    2. There is a typo on the Weltyn planes, making them the Wletyn planes. By the time I noticed it was too late to fix it. Again, not an excuse for being sloppy.

Aside from those mistakes, I really like the end result. Forgive me for any mistakes I may have made with the rivers; I did my best to make sure they didn't split anywhere.

But, all the same, here it is.

Lweiv9v.jpg

Guild Artisan

Your lakes have no outlets connecting them to the sea. As they don't seem to be situated in a desertic hot region, they would overflow and find their way to the shore.
    For my taste there are not enough forests but this si a matter of taste.
    As for the rivers you could have made them more wiggly what looks more natural.

I like the desert texture and the coastline quite a lot

Banned User

It's a pretty map, with good textures and color. You've certainly used bevel to good effect for the rivers and coastlines. I'd say some tweaking of the rivers (per Deadshade's suggestions) would really make this map great!

Blog Entries

The contrast between the sharp & clear layer of text and then the blurry land is a bit distracting. The blurriness does make some of the finer details of your waterways difficult to see; I can't tell if Wild Lake connects to the adjacent bay or not. The minimalistic compass doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the map. You might also visit some of the tutorials here on this website to improve your mountains a bit.

The overall shape of your land is good (as Deadshade mentioned) and I like the idea of the frosty northern kingdom. I also like the color of your ocean, though you may consider lightening it up a bit more near the coastline to show a depth change.
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

I do not really like this map. It could be just that the texture seems very odd for use in cartography, I have never really seen a map with that kind of texture. The islands are amazing, very good job but the green spots on the map are a big let down when I look at it. The landscape shape is great! If I were in a group with you as an artist, I would want you in particular to create the shape of land masses and give ideas.