Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Erandas estearn shore (wip)

Wip Old Erandas estearn shore (wip)

A new project in perspective where I try to combine the use of brush for the mountains and forests. For the moment it is only embryonic, and the final result to me is still unclear.
    I have a few questions for those who use the brushs. How many type of mountains do you use to avoid an aspect too repetitive ? Here I only used 6 different brushs. Is it enough ?
    All ratings and comments are welcome.

P.S I add a working jpeg doc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello! It has been two weeks that I haven't posted about this project. I had to take it back deep to clarify the final objective. What is not yet complete...
    First of all, I redraw all the mountains that did not please me no more.
    Then, I wanted to bring my project to your opinions. I often read in the guild warnings about the run of the rivers from mountains to the sea. I wanted to do the opposite by trying to connect two seas by way of water across the land...
    Thus, to connect the sea to the sea B, avoiding the sea C dangerous, the kingdom of men, ask the dwarves to build the dam 2 on the river 1, which has led to the central lake.
    In order to have access to this lake, a channel 3 was drilled in the cliff to reach a natural river.
    Finally, to access the sea B, a city, an aqueduct and canals have been built (4).
    Suggestion, comments, and opinions are welcome.

Very good mountains! Looking forward to see the dam, aqueduct, chanel, etc.!

Nice start Warlin. Looks like this will be another good one.

Thanks J. and Ilanthar for the interest paid to my work.
    A new update to show the direction that take things. I'm not at the end of my pains and not too sure about the finishes: color, grayscale, black and white? I'm a little afraid to overdo it in the details... Doubts of the beginner.
    Any advices ?

That looks really good. I would say to just do what feels natural.
    Try things and see what works. If it doesn't work, erase and redo.
    It can seem like a lot but it's just something to get used to.
    For me, I'd love to see another color version.

Line-work looks great, especially on the mountains. You are off to a great start.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks a lot. It would take me much more time than my first map, but it's really immersive. Going back to my line works.

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Really like the basic idea of what you are doing here with the perspective. However, I feel the problem is at this moment, that the perspective isn't blatantly clear. I really feel you should include something like a grid, at least on the sea to make this more obvious. I mean, you have to make a grid anyways to give a feel for distances further away from the view-point... Other than that, I really look forward to see where this goes! =)

Best wishes, Steffen
    Visit me on ArtStation.

An update of my work. I took the time to touch up the cost and complete forest. I removed the last mountain range to add depth and add a grid to amplify the effect of perspective. Next step : shading and coloring.
    Thanks for your comments.
    @ you soon.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast