Thread: Awesome Forum/Thank You!

Default Awesome Forum/Thank You!

Hello! I just made an account after lurking around for several weeks. More than anything I wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum. The tutorials are awesome, feedback and critiquing on maps is actually helpful and thought out. (not something you find on the internet very often).

I usually end up DMing for my Pathfinder group and have been running a few campaigns from a homebrew world that I've been working on for quite some time. Recently, I had to move due to a family emergency and I've been trying to transfer some of the maps to digital copies, so that I can still game with my group via the internet. I tried just scanning my maps, but most of them have so much muck and notes on them that my low quality scanner doesn't pick it up very well and what was once a well planned castle defense turns to a grey blob. So I've decided to dabble in mapping with Gimp, and the tutorials on here have been indispensable!

Suno.png

My current project, which is still a WIP, is the town of Suno, a medium sized town on the the Tembralk river. I used "pyrandons city map tutorial" to make this one and while it is a wonderful tutorial. And agree with the idea of it, not too precise just give the representation of a city/town, I find it painstaking to put in each individual street, especially for a larger city or metropolis.

Anyway thanks again for have such a wonderful community here and all the resources available.

Tartaan, Sorcerer of the Western Isle! Amateur map maker.

Banned User

Hello Tartaan, welcome to the Guild!! And congrats on posting a map with your first post ... I hope we'll see many more

Welcome aboard