Thread: Newish Cartographer looking to improve! So glad I found the Guild. :)

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Default Newish Cartographer looking to improve! So glad I found the Guild. :)

Hi everyone. My name is Nate and about 6 months ago I started sketching a map of my homebrew RPG world. Since then I've completed several other maps and I'm loving it! So far all my work has been with paper pencil and ink pen, but I'm hoping to try watercolor and I also bought some dip pens to try my hand at calligraphy.

I have toyed around with Gimp a bit, and I hope to soon purchase a drawing tablet to try my hand at digital work a little more.

I have had a few map commissions from other people who like my style, and a couple will even appear in indie RPG supplements in 2016.

I also run a gaming focused YouTube channel called WASD20, and I've started making videos of my map work as well. You can see links to my channel and website in my signature below. Hopefully I'll be posting some images in the gallery soon. Thanks for being welcoming, and thanks for all the inspiring work! I've been lurking for a few weeks and getting lots of inspiration and ideas.
    NATE from Sellsword Maps
    Gamer -- Dungeon Master -- Cartographer -- Find me on YouTube at WASD20

Banned User

Hello Nate, welcome to the Guild!!