Thread: Chicago-area game designer checking in!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Chicago-area game designer checking in!

Hi all, Joe here from Voidspiral Entertainment. I kickstart games and write books that I'm working on getting published. Been browsing the last few days and mining for tutorials and reference work, hope to have my current project ready to actually start mapping soon.

Did I miss anything?

Also, I'm a self-taught programmer, which is where I make what little money I do come up with. Recently got into Python after years of C#/mono and web stuff. Double majored in 2d Art and graphic design, got a masters in video game design, then bailed from the field for a while.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hey Joe, welcome to the Guild. Looking forward to seeing some of your stuff!

Banned User

Hello Joe, Welcome to the Guild!

To get you started, there is a great tutorial in the sticky section of Tutorials, called
    Quickstart Guide to Fantasy Mapping: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=4276

From there, go to
    Hand Drawn Mapping for the Artistically Challenged: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=10655

Once you have completed those two tutorials, you'll be well on your way!!

Welcome to the Guild Joe! If you have any questions about map-making or what-not feel free to ask, this is a very helpful and friendly community.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Welcom! I am new here myself.

Posted my first question in Regional/World mapping here, about a complicated object I'm trying to figure out how to map.