View Poll Results: November/December 2015 Challenge Voting :*** "Commission" a Guilder ! ***

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Promising Loot in Musfat Spaceport by Abu Lafia

3 12.50%
  • Hidroth Lea by arsheesh

10 41.67%
  • The Defiled Temple by Bogie

3 12.50%
  • Helvenblade House by Chashio

0 0%
  • Nippur by Chick

4 16.67%
  • A Lack of Cooperation by Diamond

5 20.83%
  • City of Seyazade by Ilanthar

12 50.00%
  • Umi No Toride by J.Edward

20 83.33%
  • Forlorn Tower by Larb

9 37.50%
  • The Genial Descent Into Obscurity by Meshon

2 8.33%
  • Elemental Airship by Romeinoneday

2 8.33%
  • The Island of Gnoff by snodsy

4 16.67%
  • Mikscifonia by xpian

7 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: November/December 2015 Challenge Voting :*** "Commission" a Guilder ! ***

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Default November/December 2015 Challenge Voting :*** "Commission" a Guilder ! ***

Hey everyone,

This two months challenge was following this idea :

1. Make a team with another guild member
    2. Once the team is done, each member of the team have to write a very short briefing (a paragraph of 10 lines or so) and give it to your partner. This briefing must describe the map (and its elements and constraints) you would like your partner to do for you. Whatever you want as a map, its elements should be clearly mentioned in the briefing (colored map, black and white, style, level of details, specifics etc.). Since all contestants don't have the same skills, please consider your team mate and either offer him/her 2 or 3 differents briefings so he could pick the one he/she feels easier for him/her to do or be sure that theteam mate will be able to achieve his work during your discussions.
    3. When each member of the team gets the briefing, each one have to make a map according to it.

You can discuss with your team mate using the private message system to make sure he/she agrees to team with you and to forward your map briefing. During the WIP progress, you can react to your "commissioned" partner's work in his thread of course. Each member of the teams will post an individual entry and when comes the voting time, will be judged individually.
    The Challenge is a very open one, since the map theme/subject isn't as important as the idea of working from another guilder's briefing.

Now, it's voting time ! We obviously had some wonderful entries so take a look at each entry and vote for the one(s) you think is (are) the best ! Don't forget to spread some rep to the contestants to thank their effort ! The voting period will end in 3 days.

Commission a Guilder Thumbnail Gallery

The winner will receive this fabulous award for which everyone fights on the web : the Golden Compass! Icing on the cake, each entrant will also receive his/her commisioned work from his team mate !

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

It was hard to vote on this one, but ultimately I had to give my votes to Bogie, Ilanthar, and J.Edward. I couldn't rep everyone, which sucks. But nobody can accuse me of not repping enough!

Check this out, first time I've seen this message:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just had that one crop up too when repping people's work. Anyway, great work everyone. There are some unfinished ones that I hope people continue with as it would be nice to see how they look once complete.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Well, I'm joining the club of the "can't rep more, try again later". So, don't worry, that will come!

And it was such a hard choice!

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    It was hard to vote on this one, but ultimately I had to give my votes to Bogie, Ilanthar, and J.Edward. I couldn't rep everyone, which sucks. But nobody can accuse me of not repping enough!

Check this out, first time I've seen this message:
    If you have never seen that message before, you are too stingy with your rep I get it pretty regularly

I typically only vote on one or two entries. In this case, narrowing the selection down to just two was extremely difficult. Each map has something to recommend it. The entries by Xpian, Larb, J. Edward and Ilanthar made the shortlist for me. In the end I gave the vote to J. Edward and Ilanthar, both of whose pieces I found exceptional. Great work everyone!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Not sure if people know this or not - when it tells you to 'spread the rep', basically you have to rep 9 or 10 other people before you can rep the same person again.
    I found that out when I was trying to rep 2 maps from Sapiento a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick View Post
    If you have never seen that message before, you are too stingy with your rep I get it pretty regularly
    Bah! If you look close you'll see who I was trying to rep, so there!

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Bah! If you look close you'll see who I was trying to rep, so there!
    LOL and I am totally honored and humbled that someone of your skill and expertise actually tried to rep me

Pffft. I rep you pretty often (I think).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast