Thread: Happy to be here!

Guild Applicant

Post Happy to be here!

Hi All!
    Longtime lurker, finally signed up to post (because I need some help with something specific

I have used this forum in the past to learn map making for video games I make. I am a big strategy game fan.

Now I am doing something different, and will ask for some help in the appropriate place, but as a welcome offering, I found this site (not affiliated in any way, just have been using it for my current map project)

I don't know if I can post links yet, (to the mods, I know the battle you have with spam, and I promise this isn't spam, but something I think could really help some people out here, but I will understand if it's deleted )but here is the link:

http://all-silhouettes.com/

It offers a bunch of free vector silhouettes, no obligations. You have to do a little trickery to get the files to work in Inkscape (just changing the .ai extension to .eps) but it has been useful for my current project, which is a printed map for a game I play with the children I teach at a summer English language camp. I will post a WIP in the appropriate place, I am still learning my way around this forum, any suggestions will be most welcome.

Anyway, thanks for all the great info on this site, and I hope I can contribute positively!

Cheers,

Neko

Banned User

Hello Neko, welcome to the Guild!

Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Chick View Post
    Hello Neko, welcome to the Guild!
    Thanks for the welcome!

P.S. Where do I set up my sig file?
    Last edited by Neko; 02-01-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Guild Applicant

This is a little old, but I made this map for the website wargear.net, a place where you can play Risk like games. I play tested it a few times, and it worked well. I grabbed some official maps of Japan from a Japanese government website I think (it was about 7 years ago I did this). I may rework it using some of the tutorials I have found on here...

FeudalJapan.png