Thread: Evil Maps

Question Evil Maps

For a few days now I wondered how does an Evil Map looks like. For example map of a land ruled by a vampire, or a bloody tyrant, or a witch.

Quick searches have not produced me NO examples of evil maps. Am I bad at searching? Do any of you have maps you would consider Evil?

A couple ideas I heard here and there: add small skulls, blood stains, destroyed cities.

How would you make an Evil map?

Blog Entries

add a chainsaw attached to a arm ?

locations like the sunken city of R'lyeh

references to " The Necronomicon"

references to " he who shall not be named " one of the Old Ones
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

Well, I don't know if there is anything specifically an evil map. I mean, a map is a map. But if you are talking about a map of an evil region, empire, etc... then names might give the feel you are looking for (Bloodpeak Mountains, the Pit of Despair [yes, a Princess Bride reference], Fields of Bones, etc...). Or the style the map is made in, hand drawn, the skulls you mentioned as details on border or compass rose, sharp jagged lines forming the mountains, etc...

Not sure if it helps but that's just what I thought of.

Maybe this might help
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...chmentid=79354
    In the Finished maps section by -Max-
    Last edited by Savage Orc; 04-01-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Adding Old Ones risks making the map not eucldian preventing me to upload it on a 2D monitor ever again.

Blog Entries
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

I guess it's a question of perspective. As said, a map is a map, it's for information, thus impartial/neutral. But thinking about that, what would a map look like ordered by an evil mastermind? Would the "Mountain Of Despair" be called something else? Interesting suggestion...
    Btw I think this thread should be moved to a different sub-forum. Maybe general discussion?

Being new I'm not sure which sub-forum it should go on. Do I need to PM a mod to move it?

Llannagh view of "map commisioned by an evil ruler" it is a better definition of what I ask.

Could this be a feasable month challenge? Is there a section where one can propose ideas for challenges?