Thread: Bragonay Commission WIP

Wip Bragonay Commission WIP

The land of Bragonay is part of the massive world of Canus. I'll be doing maps for the client of all the continents of Canus, plus the underdark. This is the first sketch of the first continent I've drawn.

I'd love some feedback.

I've gone with intentionally larger scaled icons of the landscape, which gives it an interesting look, I think. It's obviously a little stark, because it's just the black and white sketch... but, I'm hoping this conveys the direction I hope to go.

Thanks!

Canus Bragonay Sketch.jpg
    whipstache.com

Find my design work at whipstache.com

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

The larger scaled icons look interesting indeed, but I'm not convinced, tbh. It makes it hard to figure out the scale. If you say this is a whole continent it's even more difficult, imho. Apart from that, though, I'd like to see that colored in! My guess is it's going to look great!

One more thing: the lines on top and below the mountains are supposed to be borders?

I like how the mountains are coming on. The large icons work for me except for the trees (it's just a pet quirk of mine) - for me trees and mountains should be visually in scale with each other as my eye seems to use them to 'guess' the overall scale of the map. For some reason, it doesn't do that with, man-made features like town and city icons. I think there may be something a little off with the perspective of the middle (the long horizontal one) mesa. Looking forward to seeing this one develop! Great work so far.