Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flaendaas Region, World of heimur

Default Flaendaas Region, World of heimur

Hello folks!
    Another update for my personal worldbuilding, this time we zoom out a little bit from Windfoort Town to take a look at the surrounding region!
    I planned this map thinking as a big "starting zone" for my upcoming rpg campaign.
    Much of the lore is intentionally not explained, I like to let the images talk

For the style, I used my previous Graenlandir map, which is the surrounding larger region (http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...3&d=1440516594) but I realized that the scale I designed 2 years ago was too big, and halved it
    Flaendaas.jpg
    I posted this in finished map, but since it is a personal project, feel free to comment and criticize, there is always room for improvement!

p.s. the attachment is 2/3 of the original, which is planned to be printed in A3 format

Enjoy

Tom
    Last edited by Tom; 06-18-2016 at 03:31 PM.

That's really great Tom ! While the previous map style is really noticeable, you achieved a more legible map (the larger region is crowded but it's a fatality and a good thing for a region). I really love that you kept the hidden blue dragon

One question (not in the map department). Do you plan a sandbox with those hexes ?

I like the style of this map. Good looking map.

Great map! I particularly love the forests and the banners on this one.

Another great one! I really love the town icons on this.
    I find it awesome how you're mapping at different scales for your world, Windfoort, the area around Windfoort and now this regional map.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Beautiful map and the color composition are really nice, every element is really clean and the hexes don't overpower. I'll be repping this one.

Really nice Tom, the little elements you add in the forest, the banners, the dragon and the city icons give life to your map. I can imagine the wonderfull RPG session you'll play with it ! Repped if i can.

This is beautiful as usual. As the others have noted already you are just great at making this little elements all over the place. love exploring your maps And the city icons are just so awesomely cute. Such a great style you have, probably my favorite one here.
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Really fantastic work here Tom! I love the style of your forests; placing individual trees long the border and a few sprinkled here and there within is an effective way to give the impression of variety in your forests. I also really like those cute building icons. Great work all in all. Out of curiosity, will you be running a hexcrawl style campaign?

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    That's really great Tom ! While the previous map style is really noticeable, you achieved a more legible map (the larger region is crowded but it's a fatality and a good thing for a region). I really love that you kept the hidden blue dragon

One question (not in the map department). Do you plan a sandbox with those hexes ?
    Thank you thomrey ! In next maps I will keep every distinctive detail of that map, plus some more
    What do you mean for sandbox? a series of hexes icons? In this map I simply added a hex grid on top layer and start drawing on layers underneath, making sure to fix icons in the centre where necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesmp View Post
    I like the style of this map. Good looking map.
    Thanks! I did my best to produce a clear but detailed and usable map

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map! I particularly love the forests and the banners on this one.
    Thanks! most of the banner came directly from the Graenlandir map, while for the forest I tried a new approach

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Another great one! I really love the town icons on this.
    I find it awesome how you're mapping at different scales for your world, Windfoort, the area around Windfoort and now this regional map.
    Thank you! The plan is to produce lot more maps of this world, I have tons of notes and sketches that will become maps someday

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Beautiful map and the color composition are really nice, every element is really clean and the hexes don't overpower. I'll be repping this one.
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    Really nice Tom, the little elements you add in the forest, the banners, the dragon and the city icons give life to your map. I can imagine the wonderfull RPG session you'll play with it ! Repped if i can.
    Hehe, thanks Warlin

Quote Originally Posted by Barek333 View Post
    This is beautiful as usual. As the others have noted already you are just great at making this little elements all over the place. love exploring your maps And the city icons are just so awesomely cute. Such a great style you have, probably my favorite one here.
    Thanks Barek333, you are too kind!

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Really fantastic work here Tom! I love the style of your forests; placing individual trees long the border and a few sprinkled here and there within is an effective way to give the impression of variety in your forests. I also really like those cute building icons. Great work all in all. Out of curiosity, will you be running a hexcrawl style campaign?

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks arsheesh!! I didn't know what "hexcrawl" was until moments ago, when i googled it lol but apparently yes, the idea was to run a campaign in that style!
    My players get involved more when they have some "props" to use during game session: mostly maps, but also letters or places/people illustrations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast