Thread: CC3 Roads?

Default CC3 Roads?

Hello all.

I have been playing around with CC3 for a bit now. I have figured out how to use the sheets some what for effects. I can not however figure out two things when it comes to roads. I am trying to figure out how to they made the road leading to the little town dark brown, and the road by the inn how its split like that?
    I can draw a road and have my effects apply to it. However if I change the color of the road the effects go away and the road leading away is no longer attached, its just laying over the top of the road.

So I am looking ho to change the color and how to attach the road so it looks right.

Thanks all!

Sample map section.png

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

Is the road actually on the same sheet? Was it done using the same drawing tool?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

It looks to me like they used a different size road for the one leading from the circular town. That would mean they would be able to click the "change properties" button and then click on the road from the town. Then change the color to something different and click "do it". Since it is a different road (you can tell it is because it is not as wide as the one it attaches to) then it should only affect the one part of the road. As far as the triangle with the three roads around it, I would say they simply drew the roads far enough away from each other that it left a section of the land underneath all of those roads to poke through. Then when they turned on sheets and effects, it made the road look that way.

So if anyone is interested it turns out, the triangle road is made with 3 roads and 3 smaller arc roads connecting them. and the color change is "Inner Glow".
    Loopysue helped figure it out on the profantasy site.

Thanks for the help guys.

http://forum.profantasy.com/comments...cussionID=6163

Roadfinished.png

Oh this is super useful! I've been trying to work better looking roads out myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesmp View Post
    Loopysue helped figure it out on the profantasy site.
    Ah ha! so you are 'Ansio'

I am Loopysue